The club and the upward spiral of tech prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So what about when a member verbally criticises another for not riding a faster/better type of bike? Still imagination?

No. And if someone were to hit a rider with a hammer, screaming "Take that! That's for your horrible rim brakes!" that would not be imagination. If it ever happened.

No. And if someone were to hit a rider with a hammer, screaming "Take that! That's for your horrible rim brakes!" that would not be imagination. If it ever happened.

Ah. Do I detect you are deploying sarcasm to imply that these comments are, in fact, in the imagination of all those who hear them?

(Sarcasm: the lowest form of debate.)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ah. Do I detect you are deploying sarcasm to imply that these comments are, in fact, in the imagination of all those who hear them?

(Sarcasm: the lowest form of debate.)
What comments are you referring to? Not seen any reported in this thread.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Was my post unclear in some way? I've checked, it was short, and written in English!

I'm struggling to understand the confusion here ...

It wasn't in English, it was a URL. Pointing to one of my posts. A little bit circular, non?

What I meant was, was my post not clear:

1658409421449.png

PaulSB

Legendary Member
An unbelievable statement !!!

I've ridden with three clubs over the past 26/27 years. I live in Lancashire, have a very distinctive southern accent and I'm clearly what people somewhat ignorantly describe as middle-class. In that time I've never encountered any form of discussion about "class" and cycling. Nothing has changed.

You clearly have a problem with what you perceive as different classes of people. As I see it we are all equal and I make no distinction between people based on things such as background, education, accent etc. but take people as they come. You obviously do make distinctions which is rather sad.

I've ridden with three clubs over the past 26/27 years. I live in Lancashire, have a very distinctive southern accent and I'm clearly what people somewhat ignorantly describe as middle-class. In that time I've never encountered any form of discussion about "class" and cycling. Nothing has changed.

You clearly have a problem with what you perceive as different classes of people. As I see it we are all equal and I make no distinction between people based on things such as background, education, accent etc. but take people as they come. You obviously do make distinctions which is rather sad.

You appear to live in cloud cuckoo land. But to be fair, it does sound as if it works very pleasantly for you so well done, I am very happy for you.

Top Bottom