The club and the upward spiral of tech prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to give up work in large part because I couldn’t adapt to the rejection of what I was used to and had grown up with. Sadly it looks like I’m going to have to give up club cycling for the same reason. It was nice while it lasted.

I think those days are over, having a winter bike is long gone in most cycling clubs. We used to have dirty bike competitions, cleaning the bike was riding in the rain. A plus was not needing to carry a lock for cafe stops. Happy days.

We've never locked a bike up at a cafe and never had an incident either.

Why would you not have a winter bike ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had to give up work in large part because I couldn’t adapt to the rejection of what I was used to and had grown up with. Sadly it looks like I’m going to have to give up club cycling for the same reason. It was nice while it lasted.

Why.....

Out ran two fellas on new carbon fab dabby dosey machines last weekend - one was on a F12 Dogma. I was on my old 32 year old bike.... that said, it was a money no bars bike then.... custom farme, Dura Ace etc, feck em. You are the engine ! :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I think most of us probably live in what you think of as "cloud cuckoo land".

I can't really relate it to cycling clubs because I've never been a member of any (keep thinking about it, but have never actually got round to trying any), but his comments seem to apply to general life just as much.

Thank you at least one person gets it.

Top Bottom