1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cookson Chronicles - His actions as UCI president thus far

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Crackle, 13 Oct 2013.

1. Crackle

Crackle Pah

Or Bahrain.

Marmion likes this.
  2. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

"I’m sorry, I’ve just realised I have some muffin crumbs on my table. Very unprofessional. I am trying to lose a couple of kilos and was planning to have a fruit lunch but I failed and had a muffin. Never mind."

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/149/brian-cooksons-plans-to-revamp-cycling

rich p likes this.
  3. Marmion

Marmion Guru

L'Equipe is reporting that David Lappartient plans to run for UCI President in 2017.

Lappertient is president of the French Cycling Federation, European Cycling Union and the Professional Cycling Council, and a vice-president of the UCI.

4. Crackle

Crackle Pah

No surprise there. I think Cookson faces an uphill battle on this and I imagine ASO are going to have a strong influence on the final chosen candidate. I won't mention stalking horses.

5. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Here's a horse in stockings instead
    ww-on_20_large.jpg

6. Strathlubnaig

Strathlubnaig Über Member

Cookson's complete lack of comment or even being seen since the Wiggins/SKY debacle speak volumes. He lacks leadership and needs to go.

Marmion likes this.
  7. dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

8. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

Interest connect between not flapping mouth when facts are not clear and failure of leadership. Instant judgment, always a helpful trait.

9. Marmion

Marmion Guru

10. smutchin likes this.
  11. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

12. What an odd question. I skimmed through it of course.

Maybe I'll give it a proper read sometime.

13. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

It's not odd at all. In business (you know, life after the peloton) one thing that has to happen is reading more than just a summary before commenting. The devil is always in the detail. Which is why I now have a habit of actually reading reports properly so any comment which may be asked for is made from a position of detailed knowledge.

14. In which case, thank me for making it available to you.

mjr likes this.
  15. DP

DP Chasse patate