The Cookson Chronicles - His actions as UCI president thus far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
L'Equipe is reporting that David Lappartient plans to run for UCI President in 2017.

Lappertient is president of the French Cycling Federation, European Cycling Union and the Professional Cycling Council, and a vice-president of the UCI.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

L'Equipe is reporting that David Lappartient plans to run for UCI President in 2017.

Lappertient is president of the French Cycling Federation, European Cycling Union and the Professional Cycling Council, and a vice-president of the UCI.
No surprise there. I think Cookson faces an uphill battle on this and I imagine ASO are going to have a strong influence on the final chosen candidate. I won't mention stalking horses.

oldroadman

Veteran
2016 has been a year of real progress.
http://www.uci.ch/news/article/brian-cookson-206-year-real-progress/

It've not read it yet. It doesn't appear to be exactly gripping.
How would you know without reading it.....?

oldroadman

Veteran
What an odd question. I skimmed through it of course.

Maybe I'll give it a proper read sometime.
It's not odd at all. In business (you know, life after the peloton) one thing that has to happen is reading more than just a summary before commenting. The devil is always in the detail. Which is why I now have a habit of actually reading reports properly so any comment which may be asked for is made from a position of detailed knowledge.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's not odd at all. In business (you know, life after the peloton) one thing that has to happen is reading more than just a summary before commenting. The devil is always in the detail. Which is why I now have a habit of actually reading reports properly so any comment which may be asked for is made from a position of detailed knowledge.
In which case, thank me for making it available to you.

Reactions: mjr

The BBC now reporting it; only 8 months after l'Equipe...

OP
OP
C

Crackle

The BBC now reporting it; only 8 months after l'Equipe...
He's ASO's man isn't he. Practising his catty'ness, Cookson said

"I note that so far David Lappartient has not set out very much detail in his plan or any vision he may have beyond his well known personal ambition for the role. I look forward to debating what matters for the future of cycling over the coming months."

Miaoow!

Still, BC should throw a bit more money at Cookson's election.

Incidentally, anyone know what Cookson's vision for the sport is?

Top Bottom