The cost of staying away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
I have had a couple of good eperiences with Premier Inns. The latest was in York when I was there for the York Rally (which was wonderful insidently). I used the Premier Inn because of the their cycle policy allowing you to keep your bike in your room which makes dealing with the bike easy. The staff were really helpful as well.

Also you can arrive at silly o'clock no problems.

Try that with b+b or YHA.

I've got 6 hours sleep and been on the road again at 6am!🤔🤣🤔🤣

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Several posters have mentioned airbnb which I will not use.

Too many stories of long term tenants being booted out by greedy landlords who want to move to ultra-short lets.

A tiny protest, and one that's easy enough for me to make because on the few occasions I stay away I can (just about) afford the hotel rates.

Another point is renting an airbnb from their 'odd' range, that is a property which has clearly never been an ordinary dwelling, would be acceptable from a social conscience point of view.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Won't have Premier Inn slagged off, they are OK ! Checked for our concert attendance on a Friday Night in Manchester. Looking at about £70-£80 at travel lodge which is OK. Paid £50ish for mid week, and I can live with £80. A saturday in late November is about £140 - yikes.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
One thing I like about Premier Inns is there is plenty of room real estate.

They are well-equipped - I can't think of anything that's missing.

A mate once got a grubby room with a wet carpet, but I think that's rare.

Slick

Guru
Won't have Premier Inn slagged off, they are OK ! Checked for our concert attendance on a Friday Night in Manchester. Looking at about £70-£80 at travel lodge which is OK. Paid £50ish for mid week, and I can live with £80. A saturday in late November is about £140 - yikes.

One issue, Beefeater. xx(

Top Bottom