The Cyclechat Annual Ride Every Day Challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Blown it already, didn't ride on the first!

Even when I rode 'every day' I tried to have 1 day a week off (actually, one day jn every 8 to follow my shift oattern) to give my muscles and system a rest. Respect to anyone who can keep at it easily without injury, boredom, or some other unexpected hassle.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm currently on run of 303 days started in March 2017 . Last year missed 5 days due to flu then the March day I missed was during the beast from the east and was too icy to ride . @Supersuperleeds will pass 500 consecutive days on Jan 9th . He won't stop until I stop it could be a long game
Give you a target, 1,181 days.
Set between Febuary 2002 & May 2005(the last weekend). Five days missed/lost in March 2005 following being hit by a car.

Colin_P

Guru
I like this.

Did a 135 day streak last year, veloviewer snip below.
upload_2019-1-4_2-34-54.png

Currently 3/3 for 2019, I wonder how long it will last....

I think the only thing I can think that'll be an issue is if I get hospitalised (again)..

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I did it in 2015, Steve Abrahams was going for his long distance challenge & hoping to ride an average of around 200 miles a day :ohmy: I thought if he can do that, I've no excuse for not going out each day.
It was tough at times & my legs never got the rest they needed, as many days I was riding too fast & not taking in 'recovery' rides.
No minimum distance, though I would reckon for a GPS tracked ride it would need to be at least 0.1 miles.
I was ill for a while during the year & one day all I could manage was a ride down the lane & back which was about 0.1 mile, the shortest ride I've ever uploaded to Strava :laugh:
I doubt I'll ever do the challenge again, as it may make you ride in weather conditions that are not really safe :blush: I remember battling 50mph (ish) crosswinds, but luckily I don't think there was much ice that year, although I do recall one evening where I'd just arrived home from work one Sunday evening & my tea was ready as I walked in the door, but it was just starting to get frosty, so I got changed & straight out on the bike before it became too bad outside, when I arrived back home it was also frosty inside :whistle: Depending on the length of your ride you may need a very understanding partner :okay: Early on in 2015 I was getting a little bit of grief, but eventually Mrs SD came round to accept it & it got to the point where she would ask what time I was riding, rather than if ^_^

Colin_P

Guru
@Soltydog

Top doged'ness for that effort in 2015.

I take the same approach, little and often and all my activities are extra-curricula with work being too far (for me) and too dangerous to cycle commute. Although I could cycle to the next furthest away train station.

The little and often is still a herculean effort for me having a structurally damaged heart and taking massive doses of heart slowing drugs.

Currently with mine being extra-curricular, I'm out in the cold and dark each evening which I quite enjoy, it is all about the lights!

But yes, the gauntlet has been thrown down, I'd like to give this a bash.... although I did set aside Monday evenings for swimming... I could cycle to the swimming pool and back.

Top Bottom