The CycleChat Helmet Debate Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Although this thread refers to a radio play the theme is the use of helmets so the discussion has been merged with the Helmet Debate thread.

Tim Hall

Just occasionally though you are treated to a James McLevy, Inspector of Police play. 45 minutes of pure gold. I have spent a small fortune on duetting them on CD as well.
OT: Grab them for nothing from the BBC website using get_iplayer then save to a medium of your choice.

I am James McLevy, Inspector of Police.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I thought it was awful the way the play misled listeners into believing that people in vegetative states can be wired up to computers and can then have a lovely time in fairyland interacting with their irritatingly precocious grandsons. Down with this sort of thing.
but it's just a play... a piece of fiction set in fantasy land. We don't complain that listeners are misled into believing that dwarves and dragons exist when broadcasting a Tolkien play.... I'd just complain that they're broadcasting a bloody Tolkien play again. I do have to complain when they yet again discuss cycle helmets on that hateful Radio 2 lunchtime slot... luring us in with the hope that we'll hear something insightful, rational and balanced when all we get is the tried and tested 'click bait' for a phone-in programme.

mickle

innit
This is the thread that just refuses to die.

You could try running over it with a truck.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
If memory serves, the ASA have rapped someone's knuckles for claiming something similar quite recently. If you've got nothing better to do, probably worth a punt.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
the light of recent heat I left my helmet at home for today’s commute in order to avoid with a sweaty mess of hair. Normally I don’t have this luxury but my girlfriend is visiting her folks so there is no one to look out for my well-being, happily. It was a nice feeling. I generally wear a helmet just to avoid arguments and worry.

That added nothing to the thread but everything has already been said anyway so I think It’s all good.

Top Bottom