The Cyclechat Radio Shack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ah, shame, we could have had a rag chew on 2. We could try though. I can always go /P up to a local high spot with my bumfeng. Maybe we could coordinate for the weekend?

m6mal

where's me bike
Ah, shame, we could have had a rag chew on 2. We could try though. I can always go /P up to a local high spot with my bumfeng. Maybe we could coordinate for the weekend?
i can only get about 9 miles as im in a built up low part of town and the aerial is upside down on a metal curtain pole. I get into GB3CO and the digital repeater in Kettering GB7KE dstar etc

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
50 metres of bell push wire ordered. No hurry, but any time in the next couple of weeks I've plans for a nice, tasty 100 metre random long wire antenna. Fandabbidozi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The Alexanderson Alternator is. being fired up for a transmission on Christmas eve at 0800hrs on 7035 and 14035khz. I'll have a listen in for that.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Long wire fitted and up and running. Not quite finished, need 2 more dog bones which I've ordered, but about 2/3 of the run is up. Once finished itll be L shaped, so should pull in a good signal from all points of the compass.

m6mal

where's me bike
Long wire fitted and up and running. Not quite finished, need 2 more dog bones which I've ordered, but about 2/3 of the run is up. Once finished itll be L shaped, so should pull in a good signal from all points of the compass.

nice mate, i got my T200 on wednesday and i got some freezer copper tube so i can make an unun and use about 15ft of tube or more if i helically wind it and i will fit it behind a square drain pipe and the unun will be just off the ground as aerial will be a vertical.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
2300hrs tomorrow, 7995khz USB, theres a broadcast from McMurdo base in Antarctica. Gonna try and catch it.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Quick test of the long wire via the Airspy+ SDR. Pulling China Radio International (no surprise there) but from their Northern China transsmitter site, so the promise is there. Cant wait to get the rest of it unfurled and through the balun.

Last edited:
I do a low of SWL'ing. My olde watson active antenna is getting a bit flaky. I might take it apart this weekend, see if I can ID the fault. If no joy then it might be time for a long wire.
This my thing, although I have nowhere to put up antennae. I use a Sony ICF-SW7600GR and its wire reel antenna. I also like old multi-band domestic radios. Have 2 Grundig Concert Boy 1100s, one of which is exclusively used on FM when ironing...
Two Sony ICF-35s*** are incoming, in order to build one good one.
Wants: airband scanner; some sort of half decent receiver I can use for DRM with the excess of PCs I have!
***Not ICF-SW35s, analogue sets.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Luckily plenty of room here. My Watson eventually became flaky, so up went an 80 metre random white which really pulls them in.

Gone all SDR, Fucube Pro now.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I dismantled my ali poles when we moved house, still trying to figure out where to put them, has to be ground level and dismountable, as I don't do ladders, as well as cheap.

Top Bottom