The Cyclechat Radio Shack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Ahh yes, they’re always quite entertaining- especially as the night goes on and they get increasingly ‘refreshed’.!
The Dutch police have raided a few in recent months but they normally pop back up.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My new Baojie dual Bandar has arrived. First impressions are good. Surprisingly well finished for the price, massive heat sink so weighs a bit. The fun starts trying to program it tomorrow, and then it goes into the Little Tikes car.

The widebamded FT-1802 will then come out of the car and into the shed shack for 2M rag chewing and I may also use it for AMSAT work.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Anyone tried the cheapo Russian 'PA0RDT' copy active antenna?
I know they can pick up some amount of electronic hash if inside....

I'm more interested for it to use on the low, low band stuff..
I've just taken delivery of a Chinese special 1090mhz ADSB antenna to try ( a fiver wasted if no good), I thought I'd an SMA adaptor but not the one I needed, eBay to the rescue:ohmy:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm pleased to report the Baojie is as easy to program as any typical Bumfeng. Indeed, if you've got the Bumfeng friendly prolific driver installed already then it's plug and play on CHIRP. Got it running nicely in the car now.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Had a play with the Baojie. Good reports via VA in Aylesbury. The Chinese are doing to ham radio today what the japaenese did 45 years ago, but even cheaper still. Im all for it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Question.

House nearby has a positionable "wire dish", all wire. Around 10 foot diameter.

Last seen pointing East.

Anyone any ideas on the use?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Some kind of amateur satellite work, or possible even amateur radior astronomy. There are even hams out there into receiving the data streams from pace probes and decrypting them. I aging reading g the live data stream from Curiosity.

m6mal

where's me bike
Just had a play with Zello ................... It is rubbish, i tried to join a few Licenced Ham channels and i needed a moderator and they are obviously at the pub so i am glad i did not buy a zello radio and had the sense to try on android phone first. The only channel i had an answer from was an anyone can use channel. Zello app will now be deleted.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Cant figure out my active antenna so I'm going to make a nice long wire. Got room to string up a good 60 metres, and if I use speaker wire I can join the far end and double its effective length. I've got a 9:1 balun, so I'll dust that off and start work.

m6mal

where's me bike
I just ordered a T200 Toroid off ebay so i can replace the one someone relieved me of. Not bad for £7.24 i thought so i went for it and all i gotta do is make a 9 to 1 unun and i.m all set again

Top Bottom