The CycleChat Small SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
@Richard A Thackeray

May struggle with the Dear Leader's 1500 kilobimbles thread weight limit, being made out of solid iron?

Jameshow

Veteran
No, ours has electronic climate control. The ones that didn't are the ones that were catching fire.

However, as a 1.6, its absolutely useless at climbing steep (and I mean Welsh steep) hills.

It just judders up the hill like 1970 diesel cement mixer. A common problem with the 1.6 apparently.

I doubt if the previous owner ever noticed though, seeing as they lived in Swindon and only driven 48,000 miles in 13 years. I doubt if the car ever left Wiltshire.

I had three zafira b.

2.2 great car shared engine with zx220... Until the chain started rattling as there wasn't enough lubrication.

1.9 cdti great engine powerful without too much turbo lag, as good as a 2.0 VW tdi tbh.

1.8 gutless much like the 1.6.

Thursday 22nd

I guess this has to be in the 'small' thread, as it's probably lighter than a modern Fiesta/etc...., plus it's a 86" wheelbase

Spotted en-route home

Followed along Station Road, from Lee Brigg
Photographed;
junction of Altofts Road, & King Edward Street
Normanton

The Geograph photo shows Bob Burgess, from the opposite side; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/363075
We’d approached the traffic-lights from over the railway bridge

There's a benchmark on the row of shops to our immediate left, I just keep forgetting to photograph it, for this thread

IMG_6270.jpeg

IMG_6271.jpeg

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I've managed to buy something I never thought I'd be able to. I won't pick it up until 1 March (because residual value, although these currently *appreciate* when you drive them off the forecourt) but it is here.

Is it an SUV? Not really. It's what SUVs evolved from.

20240212_124248.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice work Mr Zillia. These go for really strong money.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Nice work Mr Zillia. These go for really strong money.
You can get them new for list price now, although white ones are generally what's in stock and few people want white; black amd blue are very popular and this beige with black roof (Chiffon Ivory) is very rare. VED from year 2 is a bit steep (van rate, as it's officially a commercial vehicle) but insurance was very cheap considering I have no NCD to transfer until I sell one of the other cars (even then, NCD can't necessarily be transferred from a car to a van).

Top Bottom