The CycleChat Small SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
As it says in the tin.

Personally I think manufacturers are taking the pith and exploiting the gullible by calling them SUVs, but there you are. They don't listen to me (world would be a much better place if everybody listened to me) so that's by the by.

So I'll start with my small estate pocket SUV, a Peugeot 2008. It's what Mad Max would drive if he were careful with his money.

2017-Peugeot-2008-driving-side.jpg

Not mine, but the same model and colour.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How small is small ? Like Aygo X small ?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Should we say 1500kg and below?

That captures the 2008, Crapturd, Stepway and the full 4x4 version of the Ruster, but excludes the mid sized stuff like the Kuga, CRV and Rav4.

Slick

Guru
Whilst I can't really condone the obvious Americanism SUV, I will rise above it long enough to highlight the obvious oxymoron in the title. :okay:

Can we include named drivers lol I don't own this but I do drive the owner in it occasionally.

97d0dff825d94c77bc9d9998a7bc032d.jpg
Stock Photo.

The owner downsized from a Hyundai Tucson as they felt it was too large for them. When shopping for a replacement we hadn't heard of the Stonic but they liked it, it drove well so they bought it. It's based on the Rio so is lower than you think but it's very well equipped. If I had the money it would be on my list as potential for next car.

P.S. Stonic apparently is meant to be an amalgamation of Stylish and Iconic, ill let you make your own minds up!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice colour. Which engine do you have? Do you have Grip Control?

Last edited:

richardfm

Veteran
Can we include named drivers lol I don't own this but I do drive the owner in it occasionally.

View attachment 682427
Stock Photo.

The owner downsized from a Hyundai Tucson as they felt it was too large for them. When shopping for a replacement we hadn't heard of the Stonic but they liked it, it drove well so they bought it. It's based on the Rio so is lower than you think but it's very well equipped. If I had the money it would be on my list as potential for next car.

P.S. Stonic apparently is meant to be an amalgamation of Stylish and Iconic, ill let you make your own minds up!

It looks more like a hatchback than an SUV.

It looks more like a hatchback than an SUV.

I agree. I've sat in 'Hatchbacks' that have more headroom inside. I read one review before it was bought that it was confusing why it was based on the Rio platform and not one of KIA's SUV platforms but hey ho.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We have one of these - not ours but same year, colour & model. Qashqai 1.6 Petrol N-Tec+

It's been utterly reliable. Had a wheel bearing done under warranty and recently a lower gearbox mount (£30 for the part that didn't fail after 4 months). That's literally it, other than services and brake pads. It's only done 55k miles.

Ours is sporting new Michelin Cross Climates, so does rather well in snow.

Comfy, tackles the shoot roads rather well, takes a load of 'stuff', easy to get in and out of (handy with my back). Down sides, not fast and rubbish for getting big bikes on the roof (hence I keep my old saloon). It's slightly smaller (in length) than my saloon, not as heavy, and slightly better on fuel.

IMG_25423-medium.jpg

Top Bottom