The CycleChat Small SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, as Boney says the Trekking is a Panda fourbie shorn of its fourbie bit. It's not all bad - it's more economical, perkier, still very good on rough roads and the clever traction control - a bit like Peugeots Grip Control - bestows it with very decent rain and snow manners. I wouldn't be u happy to have one,

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Is it actually the standard Panda, with plastic panels?
I'll admit, I didn't look too closely at it. When we parked, we were in the middle of an empty area, with no other vehicles within a dozen spaces of us

It's (in that series I believe) a 4x4 with panels.

In the Mk4 version, if silver wheels, it's a Trekking 2wd, if smoked wheels, then 4x4. it has a fancy little dial inside with which you can access 3 modes, of which the standard 4x4 has 2, and the absent hill descent is better done with 1st gear, not electronics. As I say, much more spend for no more function :smile:

Venod

Eh up
We have one of these, is it a car or a SUV, it's a V40 on mild steroids.
volvo-v40-xc (1).jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

Panda 4x4's the original small SUV. Discuss.

Little goat it is.

View attachment 682424
We had the Original Panda 4x4 with the pull up lever between the seats to bring in the rear solid axle, it was a great go anywhere car, there's one at the top of the estate which I'm told could be for sale, but nowhere to put it.
I am allowed in the thread with my Freelander? It's small compared to many 4x4s.
Boss used to have a couple of Cadillac Escalades over in Florida, it was always funny being in it & looking down at Range Rover's when they'd pull up at the side of you at the lights & how little they looked over there.

I know the Rav is excluded, but the other day I saw it parked next to a Mini Countryman (I think it was), the damn thing was almost as big as the Rav.

I'm not certain, I'd have to revisit, when I can

icowden

Veteran
Should we say 1500kg and below?
That captures the 2008, Crapturd, Stepway and the full 4x4 version of the Ruster, but excludes the mid sized stuff like the Kuga, CRV and Rav4.

But excludes the e2008 and any other EV Small SUV? Are the EVs not allowed in small SUV club?

Dimensions wise my ID4 is a little bit longer than the Qashkai (458mm vs 442), not quite as wide (183 vs 185) and a tiny bit taller (164 vs 162).

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
If I get a range rover sport can I join as it's a little smaller than a range rover!

Grabs coat and leaves....!!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
But excludes the e2008 and any other EV Small SUV? Are the EVs not allowed in small SUV club?

Dimensions wise my ID4 is a little bit longer than the Qashkai (458mm vs 442), not quite as wide (183 vs 185) and a tiny bit taller (164 vs 162).

We clearly need another thread...

... the Small & Lardy SUV Owners thread.

Top Bottom