The CycleChat Small SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
T.Cross Black Edition - around 1250kg.

We've had much faster and much more expensive cars in the past but this really is our favourite.

Quiet, more than fast enough, comfortable and extremely well equipped.

download.jpeg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I find comfort and miserly economy turn me on these days. Anything else isn't worth spending money on.

PS. You must be extremely tall to have taken a photo looking down on it like that.

@fossyant im a fan of all weather boots. Mine has GoodYear all weather jobs, standard fitment for models with GripControl. My XC90 was good in the snow, but felt like a drunken one legged warthog compared to the lithe and willing manner in which the 2008 dragged me through 5 inches of witness a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I find comfort and miserly economy turn me on these days. Anything else isn't worth spending money on.

PS. You must be extremely tall to have taken a photo looking down on it like that.

@fossyant im a fan of all weather boots. Mine has GoodYear all weather jobs, standard fitment for models with GripControl. My XC90 was good in the snow, but felt like a drunken one legged warthog compared to the lithe and willing manner in which the 2008 dragged me through 5 inches of witness a few weeks ago.

MrsF wanted the tyres - seem pretty good in general crap weather we have, and they are pretty quiet (previously had Continentals). They were impressive in the couple of day's snow we had before Christmas. It's very comfy on crappy roads, but that can be seen through the beefed up suspension compared to mine. If we're doing a shop trip etc, we do, however, pop out in the frugal Aygo that we have for son/daughter.

Last edited:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Ah, a fellow (ex) 2008 man. Did yours have the diesel or the PureCrap engine?

It was the petrol version, but not the least powerful one. Found it plenty enough for us, and even used the snow/mud/sand dial thing a few times. Started to lose a bit of oil just before we swapped it, but couldn't fault it.

Had a Honda Jazz before that - loved that too, but Honda p*ssed us off over a clutch issue, so won't buy another car from them.

Most fav car was probably an MX5, but too old for that game now :smile:

Looking forward to the SEAT - test drove a load of cars before choosing, and really liked the Suzuki Vitarra as well, but it was just a bit more expensive.

figbat

Slippery scientist
We had a Jeep Renegade (sibling to the Fiat 500X) hire car on a recent holiday to Iceland. I had low expectations of it and was totally wrong! It was a great little car, proper 4WD system, eager little engine combined with a motor as a hybrid, decent auto ‘box, all the buttons to play with plus a touch screen for less urgent stuff. I unexpectedly loved that car.
ED95D9F3-9869-4A23-93AF-4CD313ED2791.jpeg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Pic' taken from the balcony of our 'up in the air' lounge.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Had this for 4 years now...

View attachment 682457

Pretty pleased with mine:

PXL_20220805_122112523.jpg

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Although the Cross is a great little car.

Faker faker though because whilst it has panels and added rufty-tufty, ooh and a little mode dial, actually the regular 4x4 does it all too - and for a lot less spend. And that's before one realises that some are in fact Trekkings, withFWD (and a bit of clever traction control). Little rascals those Fiat marketeers!

Did you know that they haven't actually been able to produce any for donks, too - just can't get everything to bolt one together! They've been saying 'on the way' for over a year, after they finally opened the order books. Some actual vehicles (not the ones on order) did randomly arrive in the UK a month or so ago, but nobody knows if that's it or not.

Panda Cross, with attendant, and rather daft excrescences :smile:

Faker faker though because whilst it has panels and added rufty-tufty, ooh and a little mode dial, actually the regular 4x4 does it all too - and for a lot less spend. And that's before one realises that some are in fact Trekkings, withFWD (and a bit of clever traction control). Little rascals those Fiat marketeers!

Did you know that they haven't actually been able to produce any for donks, too - just can't get everything to bolt one together! They've been saying 'on the way' for over a year, after they finally opened the order books. Some actual vehicles (not the ones on order) did randomly arrive in the UK a month or so ago, but nobody knows if that's it or not.
Is it actually the standard Panda, with plastic panels?
I'll admit, I didn't look too closely at it. When we parked, we were in the middle of an empty area, with no other vehicles within a dozen spaces of us

Top Bottom