The cycling gods shined down on me yesterday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yesterday i found my wireless cycling computer's tie raps had snapped due to the road vibration. Well one snapped,at first leaving the computer's base kind of semi dangling off the bars. I put a small elastic band around it which i had wrapped around my bars for such an emergency. After a while the elastic band only went and snapped due again to road vibration. I used my left hand when i could to cover the computer, incase the last tie back snapped and it fell off. It eventually did snap and sod's law meant it snapped when my hand wasn't covering it,so it dropped off when i was travelling about 18mph on a steep downhill,meaning by the time i'd stopped the computer was in the middle of the road and about 35 yards behind me. As i frantically made my way to rescue it a car approached. Guess what! Yes,the car DIDN'T run over it!:hyper: That must be a first! No matter where they end up when they come away from the bars,they usually get crushed. So my 25 quid wireless computer was saved,meaning i saved myself 25 quid and a journey to Argos to replace it. And yet they tell us that there's no one up there looking out for us!:rolleyes: Thank you cycling gods,we are not worthy!!:notworthy:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Nice when it works out Accy, I've yet to be as fortunate.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

And i'd also like to add that i didn't know/think that the computer would work a fair distance away from the bike. After i'd picked it up off the road i put it in my back pocket to keep it safe till i got home. When i did get home and took it out i found that it'd recorded all the info'. I used to think wireless computers were a bit of a fad,but not now!

Top Bottom