The "Cycling to Work from Home" Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
What is everyone's plan for cycling to work from home to home then? Do two rides of similar distance to normal or one ride about double the distance? Stick to your normal route or be more adventurous?

My aim is to keep up the same mileage, but with different routes for variety. I'll try and do it in a one-er in the morning, but that will be weather and work meetings timing dependent (didn't have time for double the mileage this morning, but glorious weather frustratingly). How about you?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I'll bite. And the other?
Sorry - can't remember at the moment.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Crikes, you cycled across the runways LOL !

Not a problem.

rivers

How far can I go?
i'll be cycling to work from home starting on Monday. Thinking 25-50 mile rides a 3 or so days/week (my commute is 26 miles), plus weekend long rides.

Crankarm

Guru
The distance from my bathroom to my kitchen is about 35 miles.

Sharky

Guru
Perhaps you could go out to ride together..... Oh, wait a minute :whistle:
Perhaps we need a list of secret meeting places. We could give them all a code, say E32 and meet very early morning on a Sunday morning, before everybody else is awake. We should all wear black tops and leggings, so we can't be traced back to a club and we should set off a minute apart to avoid passing on the virus to others.

It would never work, would it?

straas

Matt
I did work and back this morning just to pick up the lappy tap.

SO BORED already.

lidl in manchester centre seemed reasonably well stocked, presumably because you have to carry what you buy. Even had 18 packs of toilet rolls in.

Top Bottom