The "Cycling to Work from Home" Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cant work from home and sent home till the 30thand now hospital have advised mine ck 1 to stay off school and looks like schools are closing anyway so i doubt i will get much riding in :sad:

Last edited:

C R

Guru
Cant work for m home and sent home till the 30thand now hospital have advised mine ck 1 to stay off school and looks like schools are closing anyway so i doubt i will get much riding in :sad:
Looks like ours will be out of school from tomorrow, schools struggling with staff numbers, and I am at risk, so probably better to limit contact as much as possible. Will have to see if I can manage to organise some family lunchtime "commutes"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's 3 of us working from home tomorrow. Just packing up. Fortunately I've got enough monitors at home that I don't need to take any from work. Looking forward to a morning commute on the bike (or even a quick 30 mins Zwift).

Reactions: C R
I got politely sent home yesterday as I am technically in a vulnerable group having had chemo 5months ago. Most folk had already decided to work from home anyway.
At the moment I ve not done anything active and don't feel inclined to do so, no targets are left. Hopefully I'll come to my senses soon and set a new target :sad:

C R

Guru
That's 3 of us working from home tomorrow. Just packing up. Fortunately I've got enough monitors at home that I don't need to take any from work. Looking forward to a morning commute on the bike (or even a quick 30 mins Zwift).
My wife is likely to start working from home at least some days. Her job involves some tasks that require her to be in, and the company is trying to work out how to keep going whilst minimising contact between employees.

rivers

How far can I go?
My wife is likely to start working from home at least some days. Her job involves some tasks that require her to be in, and the company is trying to work out how to keep going whilst minimising contact between employees.
I work in a university and we are transitioning to online learning for the rest of the academic year. However, there is talk of us (theatre and music lab tech team) going in after Easter on a rotating basis for maintenance if infections are on the decline. But it will be a single person in a day type scenario. We're just trying to sort out lone working protocol, as much of what we do requires working at height and ladders.

icowden

Veteran
School have already scheduled in an exercise time when the kids are banished to homes, so we will be doing some family cycling methinks!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I work in a university and we are transitioning to online learning for the rest of the academic year. However, there is talk of us (theatre and music lab tech team) going in after Easter on a rotating basis for maintenance if infections are on the decline. But it will be a single person in a day type scenario. We're just trying to sort out lone working protocol, as much of what we do requires working at height and ladders.

We've apparently got a lone workers app set up at our Uni. All teaching now on line.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well I had every plan of cycling to work as usual on Friday, instead I am self isolating for 14 days and WFH. My normal commute is 18 miles or so for a day, so I plan the same

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Third day, keeping mileage close to normal.

Rather nice to be able to see the rain coming down this morning and defer my "commute" to evening only.

Roads quiet, and almost no planes taking off, less than Christmas day.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a nice run along a local bridle way that used to be a trainline (middlewood way). 20km with hr more elevated than my normal commute, not to mention fewer stops.

if i do this everyday before i start, will this keep my fitness ticking over, given that the normal commute is a 64km round trip?

dhd.evans

Veteran
Two kids in the house, one with scarlet fever and both with persistent dry coughs. Quarantine started on Tuesday this week for us.

Normal commute is 14mi daily so missed Tuesday out. Wife said to go out on Wednesday lest i go stir crazy so tucked in a 27 miler with some hill work to supplement....

1584631802156.png

No ride today.

Flakey

Work from home one day a week normally, but "full time" at home for the duration.
Too easy not to "get away" from emails, reports etc. And end up working longer than usual.
So plan is to go a run in the morning before work. Then set a deadline for stopping work and going out a cycle. It acts as a nice barrier between work time and personal time.
Just back from 16 miles on beautifully quiet country roads. 👍😀

Top Bottom