The Daily Mail, the World Cup and Bongoland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
John the Monkey said:
swea'pea99, I'm fairly sure the Mail is the only UK paper to be;

a) Turning a decent profit and
:sad: Increasing it's circulation.

I could be wrong, but am fairly sure both assertions are made in nick Davies' Flat Earth News.
the Mail is losing circulation (year on year), although not as quickly as some other papers. As for profits - difficult to tell. They've frozen pay and cut loads of jobs, but I suspect that they're still stripping out after the emergency off-loading of the Standard.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
dellzeqq said:
the Mail is losing circulation (year on year), although not as quickly as some other papers. As for profits - difficult to tell. They've frozen pay and cut loads of jobs, but I suspect that they're still stripping out after the emergency off-loading of the Standard.

And Friends Reunited. And ITV.

John the Monkey said:
swea'pea99, I'm fairly sure the Mail is the only UK paper to be;

a) Turning a decent profit and
:biggrin: Increasing it's circulation.

Yet another assertion that (hu)mankind is not following Darwin's 'Survival of the Fittest' theory, but is rather evolving by allowing the lowest common denominator to carry on, while the fittest die by the roadside. :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
dellzeqq said:
My bad, didn't have the book in front of me when I paraphrased, I'll double check what's said.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Over The Hill said:
We could all have a whip round, charter a ship and put an offer in the Daily Mail for a free cruise. Then when it is in the middle of the atlantic full of daily mail readers.......

I think you'll find there are laws against dumping toxic waste at sea.......

Top Bottom