The decade that style forgot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What was wrong with the 70s?
Oxford Bags and tank tops for a start. xx(

Just wondering if the remnants of the flower generation ever move to a particular town in numbers for the UK.. Heard there are few towns in California and Seattle that have them. Not exactly communes but gravitating towards numbers.

Had an exchange student who showed photos of his home, parents and surrounds and we could tell they are different. Not to be rude, none of us said anything and he was good enough to explain and also told us that the such parents had allowed their kids and the next generation do their own thing.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
View attachment 81072 Oh dear. I forgot about the chunky knitwear. You are absolutely right @The Velvet Curtain. Has he just got out of the bath or something?

Good point! The BBC2 late night OU programmes were a rich hunting ground for bad trousers, dodgy moustaches and Fair Isle sweaters.

But Sophie Grabol in the Killing is a great example of how it can be done well in the modern age!

I'm doing an OU course and get the benefit of seeing 1970s fashion every time we have a tutorial.

My Brother always used to joke that when he was at Uni, the videos they got to watch were invariably from the '70s/'80s and ALWAYS had guys with beards who were all, to a man, called Geoff.

Apparently it became a bit of a running joke, a sort of 'Geoff Bingo' as it were.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Sounds like Britain must have been pretty dull.

At least they could try to dull the pain by drinking things like Matteus Rosé...... Which probably made things worse actually

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Marginally better than black tower used to wash down the cheese fondue :smile:

Shaun (avatar is a mid 1970's BB)

OP
OP
T

TVC

[QUOTE 3564858, member: 259"]Denim? We had to put up with crimplene. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]
I had a nylon wing collar shirt that went with it.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm not seeing a beard.

1484469_913174595384005_5653873142235575321_n.jpg

Top Bottom