The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Lots of Chamois cream. Regularly change hand position and get out of saddle every 15 mins even for just a few pedal turns. Stretch whilst on bike and use rest stops for a little light stretching if needed. Drink plenty with electrolytes and eat regularly every 45mins. You'll get there :okay:
Ordered some "Butt Cream" last night .... hope this is the right kind and not something slightly more dodgy!! :eek:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ordered some "Butt Cream" last night .... hope this is the right kind and not something slightly more dodgy!! :eek:
Is it the Ann Summers version? nttawwt :dry:

Whorty

its ok I have a long memory how steep was that devils staircase again

well done smashed my time again
Unfortunately I'm finding Bkool hills are easier than real life hills so I'm expecting a world of pain in Wales. Only 2 weeks to go so not that much more I can do now apart from trying to peak as well as I can in 2 weeks.

CXRAndy

Guru
Getting a bit real now im going out for a big ride tomorrow should be a test to see if im up to it

I'll be out again Sunday morning for a long one. Aiming for 4-5 hours in the saddle. Hoping for 60 ish miles at least.

Good luck on your ride tomorrow. :okay:

Only one week really, last week is to take it easy with gentle shortish rides and fully prepare bike for ride. keeping well is more important. My last club run tomorrow, Skegness TT following Sunday. I will do some Watopia climbs mid week, that is it.

Whorty

Only one week really, last week is to take it easy with gentle shortish rides and fully prepare bike for ride. keeping well is more important. My last club run tomorrow, Skegness TT following Sunday. I will do some Watopia climbs mid week, that is it.
For me I'll be doing a long ride again next Sunday then a Tuesday or Wednesday short ride and rest through to ride day. Still need the psychological benefits of proving u can stay in the seat for long periods of time.

Whorty

well ive just done my last big ride 100 miles 7500ft probably next Saturday do a flatter ride
Just saw this on the BKool feed - wow, that is very impressive @rob01792 :notworthy: The DD might be difficult for you but at least you know you can do 9 hours in the saddle and ride 100 miles :okay: None of my training rides have come close to that yet :cry: How much time have I got left to prepare :B)

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I think it will be for all of us

Yeah it's definitely going to be tough. Maybe excepting it to hurt is half the battle. It should be a good laugh though. And the pain will have subsided by the time we've got a beer in our hands!

Though on reflection going on holiday two weeks before Wales probably isnt the best preparation on my part...

Top Bottom