The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
:cry::cursing: :banghead::cursing: :banghead:

I'm out. :cry:

I've just been lumbered with on call over the bank holiday weekend. The guy that should be doing it is off sick and I'm the only one available, everyone else is either coming off of call or on booked holiday away from the area.

Sorry gents :sad:

I'll have to do @Whorty's DD ride on bkool

http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/1624175?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

Gutted, bad luck TB.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
That's really crap for you TB. We can all see the effort you have put into getting fit for the ride.
As much as I wanted to do the 95 miler I think I would have ended up doing the 60. I just have not been disciplined enough to drop as much weight as I needed to :mrpig:. I think I am getting back to the fitness position I was in just before Christmas :bicycle:. However I just have not been putting in the miles, irl or virtual, that I should have been.

I think I'll book the days as holiday next year to make sure I'll be there. :blush:.

Good luck all. :thumbsup:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Whorty

that's a shame TB looks like only me and whorty at the back now then maybe @Whorty will do the 95 miler
I'll do whatever you fancy @rob01792 - if the 95 miler then I'll have to take it really easy as that is a real push for me, but I'm happy to give it a go if you want to do that ride. Else I'm happy with the 60 miler.

rob01792

Über Member
I'll do whatever you fancy @rob01792 - if the 95 miler then I'll have to take it really easy as that is a real push for me, but I'm happy to give it a go if you want to do that ride. Else I'm happy with the 60 miler.

Good man Im doing the 95 unless its very windy and hammering down whorty try and get out for a 70 miler over the next few days or weekend ur good enough on the turbo to do it
The 95 is a big push for me to the most ive riden is 70 ish with 4500ft climbing

Whorty

Good man Im doing the 95 unless its very windy and hammering down whorty try and get out for a 70 miler over the next few days or weekend ur good enough on the turbo to do it
The 95 is a big push for me to the most ive riden is 70 ish with 4500ft climbing
Planning a long one tomorrow, then another Sunday morning long ride. Hoping to get a 4 hour ride in Sunday. It's the real life climbs that i'm concerned about - I can manage 4500ft on Zwift fairly easily, but the real life hills are definitely more difficult! Will keep at it though and see how it goes on the day.

Like you though, if the weather is against me then 100% will not be doing the 95 miler!!!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Planning a long one tomorrow, then another Sunday morning long ride. Hoping to get a 4 hour ride in Sunday. It's the real life climbs that i'm concerned about - I can manage 4500ft on Zwift fairly easily, but the real life hills are definitely more difficult! Will keep at it though and see how it goes on the day.

Like you though, if the weather is against me then 100% will not be doing the 95 miler!!!

Do you ride with the slider at 100% on Zwift?

CXRAndy

Guru
I don't use the slider and leave it at 50%. With my gearing and cadence range it pretty much matches outdoor hills. My understanding is that it's just a gearing selection, you still need to make the power either by spinning or grinding out the power

bobinski

Legendary Member
I don't use the slider and leave it at 50%. With my gearing and cadence range it pretty much matches outdoor hills. My understanding is that it's just a gearing selection, you still need to make the power either by spinning or grinding out the power

From what I understand that is absolutely correct. I think setting it at less than 100% does give impression steep inclines are easier because suggests you can spin when in real life they are more of a grind.

Whorty

Yes, that's how I read it, but 100% is more like real life but 50% is 'easier' on the resistance so you need to pedal faster to get the same speed. At 50% then, a 10% gradient feels like a 5% gradient, but you have to spin/pedal faster to get the same speed. Conversely, on inclines the gradients are less steep so you have to pedal faster to keep the speed going.

I put my slider to 100% to try to get as close to real life as possible but that does mean I spin less.

Top Bottom