The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Me neither ... back on the original thread I said 95 or 121 .... well now I know for sure it's not 121, but more likely 60. If the whole group went for 60, and we could keep the group together then I'd be all in for that. A good social ride with fine food and cold/warm beers to follow :cheers:

In my heart I think I've got to go for one of the longer rides. To be honest my back starts hurting after around 20 miles so I don't know how realistic that is but I think I've got to aim for it at least.

But like Berty says. Any hint of rain and I'll be the first to the pub!

Breedon

Legendary Member
i think we should sack the riding and just get pissed :biggrin: :cheers:

rob01792

Über Member
He's bottled it when he realised I was going, and he's seen my times on Zwift :tongue: Seems my training and fitness is scaring a number of people away ... it will just be the Mountain Mooses of @theboxers , @rob01792 and me soon :bicycle::bicycle::boxing::bicycle:

well the 32 cassette on some gel bar on synchro shift working thank to andy and geff informing me on the new battery needed new 4 season fitted last week think I'm ready once I have the new lungs and legs

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
well the 32 cassette on some gel bar on synchro shift working thank to andy and geff informing me on the new battery needed new 4 season fitted last week think I'm ready once I have the new lungs and legs
Same here. New 11-32 cassette, from a 11-28 ... wow, what a difference! I have 2 more gears to go to if I need them, but on Zwift the other night I didn't need the extra gearing as my legs are used to working at 28. Should be OK for the 20% inclines now :tongue: Got the 4 season Conti's on too.

Was planning to ride tonight but got distracted so will have to do something tomorrow evening instead :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
:sad:

Gutted. But I'm sure you've made the right decision Bob. Hope your knee sorts itself out mate

Well, I make the decision not to go and then I have a cracking pain free ride on Zwift, 3wkg for an hour. Ok, ice pack on kneee 1hr before then ibuprofen gel and ice pack on now but encouraging. Perhaps all I need is Adam and his broom wagon with a fridge freezer and a ready supply of ice packs!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well, I make the decision not to go and then I have a cracking pain free ride on Zwift, 3wkg for an hour. Ok, ice pack on kneee 1hr before then ibuprofen gel and ice pack on now but encouraging. Perhaps all I need is Adam and his broom wagon with a fridge freezer and a ready supply of ice packs!
Ride a gentle (for you) 60 miles with us slower guys and you'll be fine. I'm really looking forward to a nice ride followed by beer, food and a good chat. just hope the weather treats us well :rain:

And don't forget a fast talking slick lawyer to get you out of Jury duty. Know any of those?

bobinski

Legendary Member
And don't forget a fast talking slick lawyer to get you out of Jury duty. Know any of those?

Well Randy, I have just been watching Better Call Saul^_^

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Copy pasted into this thread so as not to clutter the other one...

The journey is a bit of an epic

From memory there's two realistic options, both take around 4 1/2 hours I think. One leaves at 6am the other I think at 11:30 or 12. Both trains have at least 3 changes. The trains both leave from Euston which is obviously better for me than you...

I'm leaning towards the early train as it should be 10 times quieter (bonus bearing in mind we'll have bikes), and will get into Wales with enough time to have a look around maybe, and possibly enjoy the hotel facilities which look great. Also having a kip on the train may compensate for the bleak time we'll be getting up!

The advantage of the later train obviously surrounds not waking up before the local bird population.

Not ideal. There might be trains leaving from other stations, I'm not sure.

bobinski

Legendary Member
So so tempted to join a race up Watopia tonight but got a beer in instead to rest and lubricate my knee^_^ well, it might work.

TT, just to check but what station do you end up at? Would t want to book the wrong ticket:rolleyes: and when you travelling back?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Llandrindod, same town as the metropole hotel. I'm coming back on the Monday. I booked an open return which didn't require me to book a specific train time for the outward journey, just a day, so that was handy. I believe I booked through trainline.com and the train company is great western.
IMG_1566.PNG

The one at 11:10 looks a little more civilised but I'm just wondering how busy it'll be with the bike in tow.

Top Bottom