The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Whorty has posted on Strava, kudos,you did it

CXRAndy

Guru
Well first, there are no flat roads in Wales, either up or down, mostly up!
Weather was glorious sun, cool and little wind.

The original plan to stick together till first feed stop didn't really work. It was apparent that each of us needed to climb at our own pace so the group fragmented.

We need to rename certain riders a after their exploits today. I'll let them tell their own story, epic, comical with a touch of arrgh thrown in. :biggrin:

I did the 121 in the end which was tough, but the sense of achievement I have is difficult to explain.

The pesky Bianchi are too flash for their own good. One or two knew Paul(kipster).

Bike perform ed great, so glad of the extra gears. Not too sore, legs felt good and no cramps, just a gradual loss of energy as the ride went on.

Adam has some great photos and I've got video of virtually all the route.

Off down to bar to celebrate with the guys now

Others will update unless they're shy:laugh:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Sorry I didn't take as many photos as I'd planned to.

The first one is manly for Kip. The bianchi boys were out in force with lots of snazzy bikes to drool over.

IMG_0724.JPG

This is me and my compadre for most of the day, Breedon. Breedon learned a valuable lesson today about leaving me in charge of the navigation...:whistle:
IMG_0736.JPG

Blinding day it really was. Pretty tired but not as bad as I'd feared/ dreaded!

Rob came down this morning and it was great to meet him too. Was that you in the merc at the end of the day Rob? If so sorry I didn't wave back, I couldn't lift my arm at that point...

You guys were all genuinely missed today. Hopefully we can get something else off the ground.

kipster

Guru
Sorry I didn't take as many photos as I'd planned to.

The first one is manly for Kip. The bianchi boys were out in force with lots of snazzy bikes to drool over.

View attachment 354421

This is me and my compadre for most of the day, Breedon. Breedon learned a valuable lesson today about leaving me in charge of the navigation...:whistle:
View attachment 354416

Blinding day it really was. Pretty tired but not as bad as I'd feared/ dreaded!

Rob came down this morning and it was great to meet him too. Was that you in the merc at the end of the day Rob? If so sorry I didn't wave back, I couldn't lift my arm at that point...

You guys were all genuinely missed today. Hopefully we can get something else off the ground.

Is that Adams caravan in the first piccy?

AAAC 76C

Large Member
This is where everyone in.
The normal wall is ghostly quiet.
Glad the weather held for you all.
It was cooler here than yesterday which is probably just as well if it's the same in Wales

bobinski

Legendary Member
I used no time for Quintana anymore. As my boys would say a bit of a waste man! Failing to take proper time out of Tommy even taking a dump is pretty err, crap! Tommy is taking on Cancellara's mantle and more

CXRAndy

Guru
You wait for the Strava from some of the rides :biggrin:

Not mine which was average compared ;)

Most notable point for me was getting dropped by everyone going up the first long climb to the feed station and then making time back on the descent. My highlight of the day

Devils staircase is vicious and the Devil's Elbow just cruel, did them though:smile:

I did have a little walk of shame 5 miles from the finish, but my average speed jumped cos I was faster walking:laugh:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I've been watching the giro (in french) waiting for some actvity in here.

Well done @berty bassett on completing the 95 :notworthy: ( the one I was booked for). Do you know how the others did? Waiting for @Whorty to post his report :thumbsup:
It was brutal @theboxers... Loved it, and def do it again. But need to drop some weight for next year. It was a superb day, great to meet cycle chatters, and so proud I managed to complete the 95 :-)

Top Bottom