The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
fantastic day ! loved every minute of it
i am all for signing the petition to make Adam head of tourism in wales - he shone
great weather ( never expected to be dabbing aftersun on me neck this morning !)
great scenery
great company
who could ask for more
only regret was nipping 25mile off the route and plumping for 95 - but i did it so i have a reason to go back ! ^_^
hope we all do it again:cheers:
no photos this end but would love to see others

Breedon

Legendary Member
Got to say what a fantastic day, great bunch of you guys and robs mate what a laugh cheered me up no end.
Manged to keep most of us together when on the MOD test range it started to rise quite a bit i was with andy at this point so he said go off if you want to so i err did ^_^ after about what felt like 10 minutes and thinking andy was well behind he shot past me and Tommy in a TT position WTF is he doing i thought was quite funny at the time.

For me and Tommy it went to pot after the first feed station Tommy slowed so i could catch him up but as we was talking so much we missed the left hand turn and we didn't know we went wrong till we got to a T junction with no signs, bollox we thought we turned round to where we should have turned so at that point we added an extra 10 miles and we had done a 21% short climb.

But that wasn't the first time we got lost :laugh: so in total we added a extra 16 miles, there was a couple of times i could of said that's enough but i couldn't let Tom do it him self so i kept pushing on we helped each when we most needed it, and we kept on smiling and joking wihich made it that bit better.

I got stung by a bloody bee going down a hill fast enough to hit it with my finger and lodge it's stinger in it.

Big thank you to Adam for his support and cheering us on when we most needed it, oh he lies, when he says this is your last hill don't believe him^_^

Again really enjoyed all of your company and looking forward to meeting you all in the future

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I must also thank Adam for his efforts, local knowledge, his lies about what was coming ahead of us, needed that!.

He buzzed around in his car checking in at relevant points offering great encouragement. Loved the day, biggest ride I've ever done. Cheers Adam.

This will set me up for Ventoux later in the year, more mentally than physically. Ventoux has nothing in the way of gradients the DD has

Bit of crap, with my Go-pro I recorded the route but in stills. I can recreate video clips if any anyone wants to see the Staircase and Elbow climbs a little jittery though.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I must also thank Adam for his efforts, local knowledge, his lies about what was coming ahead of us, needed that!.

He buzzed around in his car checking in at relevant points offering great encouragement. Loved the day, biggest ride I've ever done. Cheers Adam.

This will set me up for Ventoux later in the year, more mentally than physically. Ventoux has nothing in the way of gradients the DD has

Bit of crap, with my Go-pro I recorded the route but in stills. I can recreate video clips if any anyone wants to see the Staircase and Elbow climbs a little jittery though.
That's a shame Andy :angry: a lesson learnt

CXRAndy

Guru
Got to say what a fantastic day, great bunch of you guys and robs mate what a laugh cheered me up no end.
Manged to keep most of us together when on the MOD test range it started to rise quite a bit i was with andy at this point so he said go off if you want to so i err did ^_^ after about what felt like 10 minutes and thinking andy was well behind he shot past me and Tommy in a TT position WTF is he doing i thought was quite funny at the time.

For me and Tommy it went to pot after the first feed station Tommy slowed so i could catch him up but as we was talking so much we missed the left hand turn and we didn't know we went wrong till we got to a T junction with no signs, bollox we thought we turned round to where we should have turned so at that point we added an extra 10 miles and we had done a 21% short climb.

But that wasn't the first time we got lost :laugh: so in total we added a extra 16 miles, there was a couple of times i could of said that's enough but i couldn't let Tom do it him self so i kept pushing on we helped each when we most needed it, and we kept on smiling and joking wihich made it that bit better.

I got stung by a bloody bee going down a hill fast enough to hit it with my finger and lodge it's stinger in it.

Big thank you to Adam for his support and cheering us on when we most needed it, oh he lies, when he says this is your last hill don't believe him^_^

Again really enjoyed all of your company and looking forward to meeting you all in the future

I was hungry, food station was at the bottom of the hill.:mrpig: Because I was pretty much left by most on the climb, I had a clear descent and could pick my lines more easily. I went aero over the rollers upto the food stop, did enjoy scything through pack. Short lived flurry of excellence.

Lee shot off at the start and we never saw him again, even Adam couldn't keep up:biggrin:. Great ride Lee, true climber :okay:.

We all had a great experience I believe, no mechanicals or accidents, Dean and Tommy brought an element of mystery for a while whilst Sherpa Adam peered round a corner for them:laugh:

Carl you did fantastically well given you had just a few outdoor rides, shows how much fitness one can achieve from indoor training :okay:

Never really had a chance to speak with Rob or his eloquently vocal pal, from what I hear :smile:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi Guys

sorry a bit slow sorting these out but i've been a bit tired (can't think why!) and had an afternoon nap ^_^

The link below should work for even those peeps who don't ave Facebook or not my friend on facebook - let me know if it doesn't work for you. I have cropped to my taste, but if you want the original of any of the pics let me know and I'll email to you (ping me your email address).

For those who didn't join us, and want to know what we look like ... here we are in all our glory :hugs:

@TurboTommy , @berty bassett , @Breedon , @rob01792 , Martyn, @Whorty , @CXRAndy

DSC_1965.JPG

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155562661735934.1073741852.682190933&type=1&l=ce26094844

Attachments

• DSC_1965.JPG
    DSC_1965.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 67

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi Carl I'd like to download some of the photos- of me obviously :laugh: It wont allow me from facebook?:wacko:
PM me your email address and I'll send them through. I think with Facebook you can right mouse click and 'save as' on each photo but not sure you'll get good quality. Cheers. C

Top Bottom