The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
carl can I trouble you for a set as well
Yep - no probs. PM me your email address.

Whorty

It would appear that I was (and still am) having a massive asthma attack during the ride. @Add 's wife spotted this when I got back to Adam's house and thankfully had an inhaler that eased the symptoms. Yesterday morning I could hardly breath but the inhaler again helped. Same again last night and today. Just been to docs (they saw me as an emergency just from speaking to me on the phone) and they are pretty sure I have exercise induced asthma.

Now I know what the symptoms are, I recognise I get this every time I do a very hard ride on BKool. I just thought I was unfit and the weezing, chest pains and phlegmy was normal!! :wacko: Apparently not :whistle: Doc told me off and said next time I get those extreme symptoms, phone for an ambulance :tongue:

Anyway, have some steroids now which should get me back up and running (cycling), plus an steroid inhaler to try and control the asthma. Have a chest X-ray booked in too this week but not expecting anything to show up.

I asked him if I could exercise again this week as the new race league was starting and he looked at me like I was mad :whistle: So, whilst I may partake in the CG during June both my Doc and HID are insistent that I only do moderate levels of exercise :cry::banghead:

Just think how fast I could have been on the DD ride had I not been having an asthma attack ... I reckon I could have kept up with @berty bassett :rofl:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
It would appear that I was (and still am) having a massive asthma attack during the ride. @Add 's wife spotted this when I got back to Adam's house and thankfully had an inhaler that eased the symptoms. Yesterday morning I could hardly breath but the inhaler again helped. Same again last night and today. Just been to docs (they saw me as an emergency just from speaking to me on the phone) and they are pretty sure I have exercise induced asthma.

Now I know what the symptoms are, I recognise I get this every time I do a very hard ride on BKool. I just thought I was unfit and the weezing, chest pains and phlegmy was normal!! :wacko: Apparently not :whistle: Doc told me off and said next time I get those extreme symptoms, phone for an ambulance :tongue:

Anyway, have some antibiotics now which should get me back up and running (cycling), plus an antibiotic inhaler to try and control the asthma. Have a chest X-ray booked in too this week but not expecting anything to show up.

I asked him if I could exercise again this week as the new race league was starting and he looked at me like I was mad :whistle: So, whilst I may partake in the CG during June both my Doc and HID are insistent that I only do moderate levels of exercise :cry::banghead:

Just think how fast I could have been on the DD ride had I not been having an asthma attack ... I reckon I could have kept up with @berty bassett :rofl:

Feck- I think that is actually a better excuse than anything to do with my knee :notworthy:

Seriously though all you need is a TUE delivered via SKY on every bkool, Sorry, ZWIFT ride:okay:

Whorty

Feck- I think that is actually a better excuse than anything to do with my knee :notworthy:

Seriously though all you need is a TUE delivered via SKY on every bkool, Sorry, ZWIFT ride:okay:
I was only saying to the wife the other night, I wonder why so many pro cyclists claim to have asthma. Well, apparently, exercise can induce asthma! Well, I never knew that ^_^ Just need to get it under control and i'll be back :biggrin:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Hi Guys

sorry a bit slow sorting these out but i've been a bit tired (can't think why!) and had an afternoon nap ^_^

The link below should work for even those peeps who don't ave Facebook or not my friend on facebook - let me know if it doesn't work for you. I have cropped to my taste, but if you want the original of any of the pics let me know and I'll email to you (ping me your email address).

For those who didn't join us, and want to know what we look like ... here we are in all our glory :hugs:

@TurboTommy , @berty bassett , @Breedon , @rob01792 , Martyn, @Whorty , @CXRAndy

View attachment 354632

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155562661735934.1073741852.682190933&type=1&l=ce26094844

@CXRAndy wins the prize for the best colour coordinated and turned out MAMIL - whilst there are a couple of close runners-up - the pink stripe on the socks win it... :girldance:

rob01792

Über Member

Anyway, have some steroids now which should get me back up and running (cycling), plus an steroid inhaler to try and control the asthma. Have a chest X-ray booked in too this week but not expecting anything to show up.

sorry to hear that whorty do u remember me asking u during the DD if u had asthma
don't be put of by the asthma ive had it all my life just make sure you've always got the inhaler to hand even when on the turbo

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Blimey whorty ! To do that ride feeling like that takes huge kahoonies
No wonder you and Andy were whispering something about gooch hammocks
Hope the meds kick in soon
A whorty operating on full power is gonna take some stopping

CXRAndy

Guru
I blame Adam's ducks and that caravan he put you in at night :smile:

Seriously, I hope you start to feel better soon. You should of said you were feeling tight chested. I brought my inhalers just incase.

I tend not to suffer so much these days after removing all carpets from our house, hard floor throughout. I'm a sensitive guy you know :laugh:

Whorty

I blame Adam's ducks and that caravan he put you in at night :smile:

Seriously, I hope you start to feel better soon. You should of said you were feeling tight chested. I brought my inhalers just incase.

I tend not to suffer so much these days after removing all carpets from our house, hard floor throughout. I'm a sensitive guy you know :laugh:
Thing is, I've had these effects in recent years after very heavy exercise but I thought that was normal for someone not that fit trying to get some fitness back. Never considered I had asthma. Doc was all praise for Adam and his good wife - he thinks they kept me out of hospital by giving me their inhaler.

Feel much better already having taken the steroids. Best stay off the bike today though and keep HID happy :whistle:

Whorty

:eek: With this news I am now in awe that you did the 95 miles :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:. It is surprising what we will put up with when doing something we enjoy :unsure:.

I hope you get it all sorted so you can give AAAC a run for his money :secret:.
Thing is, I expected the ride to be hard having never done anything like that before so the unusual breathing and chest pains (it was more like burning than what I assume a heart attack would feel like :wacko: ) so I just kept on pedaling. Never even considered that it could be asthma. Anyway, ride complete. I'm on the mend, and hopefully no long term damage :tongue:

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Thing is, I've had these effects in recent years after very heavy exercise but I thought that was normal for someone not that fit trying to get some fitness back. Never considered I had asthma. Doc was all praise for Adam and his good wife - he thinks they kept me out of hospital by giving me their inhaler.

Feel much better already having taken the steroids. Best stay off the bike today though and keep HID happy :whistle:
Is now a good time to discuss your incurred medical bill?

Top Bottom