"The driver told his insurance he "wasn't moving at impact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What a twit cyclist. You could see from a long way back the hazard that the car was moving out of the junction, so should have cycled accordingly. But no. he had to make a point. Throwing his bike on the ground. :banghead:

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

The cyclists din't collide with anything and the cyclists didn't try to lie his way out of it. The driver's excuse was "I wasn't looking your way!"

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Looking at it the rider is more at fault than the driver.

Really? Whatever you think the cyclist might have done to mitigate the situation, the fault lies squarely with the driver.

Unfortunately the driver's probably now hating all cyclists as a result.

I don't care what he thinks, unless it's thinking twice about pulling out without checking it's clear.

GC

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Looking at it the rider is more at fault than the driver. Unfortunately the driver's probably now hating all cyclists as a result.

How do you work that out? The driver pulled out from a side road without having properly checked it was clear.
I would agree that the cyclist could have avoided it, but it was the driver's fault 100%.

[QUOTE 3472039, member: 9609"]my sympathies are with the driver on this one - if you are going to filter in heavy traffic you need to be 100% switched on, and in this case the cyclist didn't spot the obvious.[/QUOTE]

So the driver doesn't have responsibility to check that the road they are pulling into is clear? What an odd idea.

mythste

Veteran
Man, that sucks. Easily avoided by both parties. Fact of the matter is, Cyclist appeared to make a conscious effort not to avoid it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
How do you work that out? The driver pulled out from a side road without having properly checked it was clear..

I stated "more than"; the driver is at fault, yes. But so is the rider; they're moving at speed on the outside of traffic, saw the car moving and yet didn't anticipate. Then threw their bike down in protest like a spoilt child.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I stated "more than"; the driver is at fault, yes. But so is the rider; they're moving at speed on the outside of traffic, saw the car moving and yet didn't anticipate. Then threw their bike down in protest.

I agree they could have avoided it, but to state the cyclist was more at fault than the driver, when it is 100% the responsibility of someone entering a road from a side road to check that it is clear before they do so?

I agree, the throwing the bike down was silly and unnecessary.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It could so easily have been avoided, The cyclist was riding like an idiot, the driver not paying attention, but the cyclist had right of way, that still does not excuse him, a pair of nobbers:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom