The effects of exercise on blood pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
How do you know it isn't the tomato juice rather than the cayenne pepper that is supposedly keeping your blood pressure in check?

I started with Cayenne pepper, hot water, lemon juice and Apple cider vinegar to start with and great BP results. I was told I have lower Sodium levels (blood test results) so I started to take loads of salt with my food and Sodium levels rose nicely. I naw take Cayenne pepper with Tomato juice which is high in sodium, Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice, results lower BP and higher sodium levels. Doctors are happy.

dicko

Guru
Beetroot juice is supposedly good for this too. It's an acquired taste but I quite like it and buy it occasionally.

Can’t find it in the supermarket anyway we grow Beetroot and have jars in the cupboard for salads.

GuyBoden

Guru
monkshood-can-be-poisonous-174.jpg

A plant to avoid.

"Monkshood or Wolfsbane is native to western and central Europe where it is considered one of the most poisonous plants."

"As a tincture applied to the skin, it is claimed to slow the heart rate "

"A 21-year-old man acquired Aconitum napellus plants after reading a book on herbal medicine. He ground up the roots of the plants and filled capsules with the dried material. He then took 1 capsule daily for several months to treat his anxiety. In order to increase the effects one evening, he swallowed 3 capsules and went to sleep. Five hours later he awoke with generalized numbness, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, chest pain, shortness of breath, and defective colour vision (he was seeing purple). It was believed that early symptoms went unnoticed because he was asleep. In an ER, his heart rate was very slow at 43 beats per minute, and he had an abnormal heart rhythm."

Ingested it can be deadly.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I was on Ramipril but it gave me a cough. On Losartan now.

Yes I have the 'ramipril cough' - but it is only minor. I was on the amlodipine but it made my feet an legs swell up badly. BP now under control and no other side effects so far (taking them since Jan 23)

yello

I started with Cayenne pepper, hot water, lemon juice and Apple cider vinegar to start with and great BP results

I've read good reports of apple cider vinegar. I might experiment with a cayenne mix though I'm sure it'll be an 'acquired taste'

Edit: I like beetroot too. I've read it called a natural EPO - I recall that it's something to do with its interaction with saliva and enables the blood to carry more oxygen.... or somesuch ;)

Last edited:

rualexander

Legendary Member
I started with Cayenne pepper, hot water, lemon juice and Apple cider vinegar to start with and great BP results. I was told I have lower Sodium levels (blood test results) so I started to take loads of salt with my food and Sodium levels rose nicely. I naw take Cayenne pepper with Tomato juice which is high in sodium, Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice, results lower BP and higher sodium levels. Doctors are happy.

The only reason some tomato juice is high in sodium is the salt content, unsalted tomato juice is not high in sodium.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
View attachment 711413
A plant to avoid.

"Monkshood or Wolfsbane is native to western and central Europe where it is considered one of the most poisonous plants."

"As a tincture applied to the skin, it is claimed to slow the heart rate "

"A 21-year-old man acquired Aconitum napellus plants after reading a book on herbal medicine. He ground up the roots of the plants and filled capsules with the dried material. He then took 1 capsule daily for several months to treat his anxiety. In order to increase the effects one evening, he swallowed 3 capsules and went to sleep. Five hours later he awoke with generalized numbness, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, chest pain, shortness of breath, and defective colour vision (he was seeing purple). It was believed that early symptoms went unnoticed because he was asleep. In an ER, his heart rate was very slow at 43 beats per minute, and he had an abnormal heart rhythm."

Ingested it can be deadly.

I've had resting HR readings under 30 😱

Yes I have the 'ramipril cough' - but it is only minor. I was on the amlodipine but it made my feet an legs swell up badly. BP now under control and no other side effects so far (taking them since Jan 23)

Same but got either got used to it or swapping from sertraline to venlafaxine might have helped.
That sounds interesting.I wonder if it's safe to use on top of taking prescribed medications
It can have a bad time with bp meds, ie severe drop in pressure

Grapefruit juice, shouldn't be consumed with quite a few medications(at least one of mine). It can act to block emzymes that break down the drug, meaning it stays in body longer

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I've just bought some Cayenne Pepper from the local health shop.Tried a little with some water.It will certainly blow your socks off if you take to much.
I will keep a close eye on my BP and let you know how things go.

Last edited:

nagden

Über Member
I have had blood pressure issues for some time. I have been on Irbesartan for about three years but have found the side effects debilitating. I have increased my steady cycling time and cut my dose in half. Initially my BP rose to 116/75 it has now started to fall again. I will continue to monitor it and hopefully reduce the dose further.

Top Bottom