The essential guide for new commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I read this guide a couple of weeks ago, just before I took my new (to me) bike out for a 5 mile spin on some local, busy and fast roads. Very useful to have all this experience distilled into one document - I feel much safer on the roads as a result :smile:

Many thanks for taking the time to compile it!

Excellent guide, I started commuting to work about a month ago and found some of the information to be vital in giving me a few extra hints and tips for staying safe.

Many thanks for putting this together!!!

Its a pleasure, thanks for letting us know it was helpful to you. Feel free to distribute it amongst your friends if you think they can benefit too.

Jonny

This is an awesome guide. Can I feature it on Cyclorama?

heppy

Regular
Great thread and a very useful guide, thank you for putting it together and all the additional input. Appreciated

eddie_t

Fantastic info! Very very useful as I've never known the correct way to do things and have put myself at risk often by the looks of it! Many thanks.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
echoing others, I have just downloaded it and have not yet read it through properly but at a glance it looks great. very accessible - well done. kept meaning to read Cyclecraft but....
I'd like to have a sign made up and stick it on my back for other cyclists to read referencing your point of not undertaking large vehicles (I try to avoid undertaking anything - if I can move fast enough!)...it makes me shudder every time I see it happen.

Top Bottom