The Fast Food Appreciation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
There, I said it. I like fast food. Well, actually I prefer slow food cooked for me in a nice restaurant but, in the right circumstances, fast food is great

So for all the grumpy old farts in CC who wouldn't touch a Greggs pasty with a bargepole, this thread is to help you to come to appreciate the pleasure of a Sausage and Egg McMuffin

Actually, what appeals to me is that fast food is...well...err...fast. But it's also usually of reliable quality (I know exactly what I can expect if I go in a Nandos) and it's inexpensive. As a cyclist, the fact I can pop in somewhere, get refuelled and not end up with something I hate is perfect

Greggs: The perfect hangover cure. Steak bake is my fave. But the value of a bacon roll plus coffee (the coffee is pretty good) takes some beating

Maccy Ds : Sausage and Egg Mc Muffin. End of. Coffee's good. Toilets are spotless (an issue for Mrs N)

Subway: As @dellzeqq says, Meatball Marinara is the way to go.

KFC : Ah, that fried chicken is beyond delicious in the right circumstances

There are plenty of others. I'm not a big one for takeway pizza as even I can't cycle far enough to work of the calories in those overloaded behemoths. Fish and Chips, the archetypal fast food is just too much if cycling. But on a Friday night at home it's hard to beat

So for all you CCers who turn your noses up at Fast Food. Have a listen to what the FF aficionados recommend here.....dive in and have a try. What could go wrong?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I do indulge in an occasional Greggs sausage roll, last time in Bath the nice lady served me whilst I waited at the door in the rain on my bike. Never had a Nando's, but then that's not really FF I don't suppose.

Me and my boy keep talking about doing a ride through at the local Burger King but not sure we'd get away with it..

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I do indulge in an occasional Greggs sausage roll, last time in Bath the nice lady served me whilst I waited at the door in the rain on my bike. Never had a Nando's, but then that's not really FF I don't suppose.

Me and my boy keep talking about doing a ride through at the local Burger King but not sure we'd get away with it..

I agree, Nandos is not Fast Food. I think my definition is that they have to offer a takeaway service

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4467286, member: 259"]And the cheese an onion pasties are beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Spot on.... lubberly stuff.

I have had one Mcdonalds one kfc and once had a burger king I thought they were all horrible.

[QUOTE 4467286, member: 259"]Absolutely. And the cheese an onion pasties are beautiful.:wub:

[/QUOTE]
They are. And on an emergency dash into Iceland for diet coke (my first time in there) I discovered they do uncooked Greggs pasties. My freezer normally now has a box or two in there for when the pasty munchies hit :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4467318, member: 259"]The Indian grocery near to where I work does really nice homemade vegetable samosas at lunchtime. They're crispy, spicy and impossibly tasty but it's impossible to eat more than three, although God knows i've tried...[/QUOTE]

A corner store here in Deptford run by Sri-Lankan family used to sell home made Samosas. A few people here (inc. myself) in the office were addicted to them. Unfortunately the sold up and moved on. No more Samosas.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I bring you the Wigan Kebab:

10724270_823621937704703_1958935003_n.jpg

Top Bottom