The first glimpse of Spring :-) :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
I Haven't posted much of late, as my cycling has only really amounted to burning of the pounds on the Turbo trainer..A necessary evil ,thats kept the old legs turning whilst the weather has been grim.
This weekend though, the first signs of spring had started to make an appearance, and like a typical deprived sun starved "Brit" arriving at there holiday resort and eager to over indulge in sun , sea and you know what, the bike was released from the shackles of the Turbo trainer to hit the great outdoors once again.
It's been a breath of fresh air to get back out on the roads again and take in all the sights and social aspects that a turbo trainer doesn't offer.
Yesterday after work was a day of hill climbing and the views over the tops of the welsh mountains where stunning, and today's ride was equally enjoyable minus the long climbs. As much as I've appreciated the Turbo trainer when the weather was grim, it's been so much better and enjoyable to get out there and enjoy cycling for what it is. Meeting different people and seeing new places.Cycling outdoors somehow adds the third dimension that you miss out on with the Turbo trainer..
So it's glasses held up high, to another great year of cycling :-) :-)

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
You poor thing, shackled indoors to that machine. Dump it and come out all winter in all weathers with us: round here you will have been seeing snowdrops for about ten days or so, and the first primroses have poked their yellow noses up in the woods. Finches flitting alongside you in the hedges are, as the yoof would have it, some good outdoor shizz.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Haha :-) :-) I think I could seriously lose interest in cycling if it was just reduced to the Turbo trainer. Keeping fit using one is all well and good ,but it's not what I would call enjoyable compared to being outdoors. It's made me realize that cycling is equally about experiencing the sights and sounds of your surroundings and the fitness benefits come as a bonus of it :-)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Saw these Crocus today growing wild , now this is a better first glimpse of spring

IMG_20180128_114639475.jpg

Venod

Eh up
I too have been hitting the turbo most of January but managed a decent ride on Friday, it was good to see a carpet of Snowdrops in Cawood Churchyard, I don't think my turbo days are over this year just yet thou, and the sad thing is I am enjoying the turbo using GPX files, I have ridden places I never ride in real life, just done the Ring Of Kerry previously done in a car.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Aaaah, I am jealous! We had a nice day here last week but now it is back below freezing with snow in the forecast again tomorrow. We won't see Spring until March if we are lucky, usually more like April. :cry:Everything is brown and dreary and cold.

Top Bottom