The First Post is the Hardest (aka Forum 'lurkers' - don't be shy - write something!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was just looking at the members' statistics and discovered that 740 of CycleChat's 2568 members have never made even a single post. Some have only signed up recently and some probably signed up, had a quick look and then disappeared forever. That surely leaves hundreds of 'lurkers'?

Come on folks - why not at least say hello - we (mostly :biggrin:) don't bite!

BTW - Shaun, some members supposedly joined on 1st January 1970. That's obviously not true and must correspond to some default value in your member database. Any chance of displaying the correct dates in those cases?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The first cut is the deepest... really quite good!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Uncle Mort said:
Fnaar, even as we speak, the white van is drawing up outside your house :biggrin:
Yo, Morto, that really is a good track. I may bein my mid 40s, but it stands the test of time.. (apart from his threads. mebbes) :smile:

barq

15 people joined yesterday and 8 of them have made at least one post. That's pretty good! :biggrin:

I had a quick look at the 1970 dates (although I can only find them for 'last visit' dates, not 'joined dates'). My guess is that they were users from back when the forum ran on phpBB, maybe their accounts were imported into vBulletin but they didn't log back in after the change. 00:00 01/01/70 is the basic UNIX time code, everything is measured is seconds after that start point.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
You should put a Not Work Safe warning on that one Fnaar, someone almost just saw me looking at Rod Stuart videos on YouTube during work time! It would have been the end of me! :biggrin: :smile:

Rod is the new....er.... somebody everyone thinks is crap but is really quite good....

Haitch

Flim Flormally
He goes into rehab once a year to have his blood changed. The operation costs 17,000 pounds. But his blood has got a street value of 25,000.

lycradodger

Uncle Mort said:
Yes, it's that "difficult second post syndrome" ...Yours seems pretty good all things being considered ;)

Woo - damned by faint praise! Cheers Uncle.

Well to drag this thread back to the original topic I've done more than my fair share of lurking round here so I thought it was about time I said hi.

I do a 4km commute on a 6 year old dirty MTB, I have no helmet camera, my bike's currently stuck in the shed with a puncture I haven't had time to fix in the last week and a half, but I do have a Rod album (Every Picture Tells a Story - absolute classic).

I don't expect to receive much respect on here.

peanut

ColinJ said:
I was just looking at the members' statistics and discovered that 740 of CycleChat's 2568 members have never made even a single post. Some have only signed up recently and some probably signed up, had a quick look and then disappeared forever. That surely leaves hundreds of 'lurkers'?

Come on folks - why not at least say hello - we (mostly ;)) don't bite!

Nice try Colin but as usual the thread is immediately taken completly off topic and firmly stays off topic for another 20+ posts.

little wonder that new members are too afraid to post anything is it:angry:

I've been on the forum since the days of C+, but tend only to post when I am actively riding as otherwise I feel a bit of a cheat. A combination of another appalling summer and a lot of commitments at work have kept me away from the bikes, so I haven't posted for months ;)

I have a Dawes hybrid, a Spesh MTB and a seriously ancient Pug road bike. I love them all!

Top Bottom