The fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeeeeeh its done:biggrin:
Left it at the shop because was told it would be done soon. Risked it, risked payed off, big time pay off:becool:
Here it is, look at the beauty of it.
P1000220.jpg

P1000221.jpg

P1000223.jpg

The seat tube will be silver, but the 27.2mm seat tube that should of fit, didnt. So i'm borrowing the shos spare one untill they get one in. Soon to go clipless with it, will do that when i get back from my holiday:biggrin: Nice to ride, just need to tweek the brakes and lift the seat post up abit more, then it will be spot on.:biggrin:

Young Un

:smile::biggrin::biggrin::tongue:very nice

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Cheers :smile:
Saddle is on straight now. Left lever is also on straight, that annoyed me as i was going along riding.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Very nice!
What was it and who sprayed-it up?

Front wheel is on the wrong way round, the skewer handle should be on the LHS (non-drive side).

Phixion

Looks sweet!

But why did you put back brakes on a fixed gear? I know the suicidal prefer having no brakes at all... but the back wheel brake is essentially your legs.

Young Un

i think its his first fixed so he may want the brakes to just get used it it:wacko:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Thanks everyone:biggrin:
I need to change the tyre around so its facing the right way. Didnt look properly when i put it on:blush:
They are indeed Mavric rims, the back one is new, the front one is older and one i got free from someone in the club.:becool:
2 brakes because of the hills around here and the fact that everyone that has ran fixed around here has told me to put two on because of the hills. Hopefully will be taking it into Derbyshire one time aswell:biggrin:. Only used the front brake last night when i was coming onto my road because its a hill and i couldnt get the bike to slow down intime.
Its amazing, i can slow down whilst being no handed :smile:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Yeh, thats right Young Un. You resist when the pedals are coming back round, and pull slightly when they go down.
Tried to skid it, but i think i wasnt trying hard enough.;)

Phixion

I think you have to lean over your bars to skid. Pushing hard on the pedals.

How much did that cost you to get built Joe24? What frame/parts did you use?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Got the skids:biggrin: Easier when clipless:biggrin: Good to do when there is a car on your back wheel that is expensive :smile:
Cost, well if its difficult. The rear hub came with a front, so if i say the rear just cost me £20, then overall it costs me £145. Thats with all the parts, rear wheel build and sprey job:biggrin:
I will be up-grading parts on it though, still got to get some clipless pedals for it, might change the saddle, will need new tyres soon aswell. But for the moment it is more then fine to ride.:becool:

Phixion

Nice!

What's it like to ride compared to your road bike? I'm in the market for a new bike and toying with the idea of a FG, don't know if I'd regret getting one over a road bike though...

I'd stick with clipped pedals so you can wear your normal trainers :sad:

Top Bottom