The fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Its a nice ride. I like it, much simpler. Did a hill today and my legs were burning by the top, but i was faster up it then if i was on the geared, and i would of felt just about the same as on the geared i reckon.
Best fun about riding it with flats and straps is ou can go out in your normal clothes, blast around passing most people and they give you a strange look, like you shouldnt be able to do it on one gear. Especially when they are working hard in a big gear and your spinning along and pass them. Thats what i love:biggrin:
What made it easier to build was being in a cycle club and be able to get advice, cheap stuff and the LBS doing stuff cheaply aswell.
You would think one gear is limiting, but it isnt that bad really.

Phixion

Does the ride feel much different than your road bike?

People go on about how Fixed Gear bikes feel so good to ride, something about a connection with the road...

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Oh yes, that. Well its much smoother i find, i dont really use the brakes so i end up rolling up to things and slowing down slowly. Much smoother. Only felt the fixed feel completely when i was clipless. You can feel the pedals pushing your legs around. Not sure about connection with the road, more a connection with the bike. But i suppose that if the ground was slippy then you would feel a connection with the ground.
More controll i reckon, i can go no handed for ages on the fixed, going around courners easier and am able to go at lower speeds no handed, which i like.

Mortiroloboy

<reaches up to swing lantern>...Ah back in the day, when we went to the local dump to scrounge a frame, then off to Rice's to buy the bits, we'd ride for miles on a fixed bike, never did me any harm<twitches>:wacko:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User259iroloboy said:
<reaches up to swing lantern>...Ah back in the day, when we went to the local dump to scrounge a frame, then off to Rice's to buy the bits, we'd ride for miles on a fixed bike, never did me any harm<twitches>:wacko:

:sad:

Thanks Plax, took me some thought to decide on the colour. Wasnt sure about yellow or lime green.

Plax

Guru
Joe24 said:
:wacko:

Thanks Plax, took me some thought to decide on the colour. Wasnt sure about yellow or lime green.

I don't think I'd be too keen on lime green, but I love the yellow. Nice loud colour :sad:. I've saw a Carrera TDF road bike in Hafrauds yesterday in a lovely yellow & black colour. Made me drool. Dunno if they bike is any good, but it well looked smart.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Yeh, i've seen those. The yellow on the fixed isnt as dark, but it still sticks out nicely.
Not seen too many yellow bikes around Nottingham either, which is nice:biggrin:

Nice one Joe..

I need to ride it !!

yellow bikes.....!:biggrin:

CARRERAVIRTUOSO.jpg

Top Bottom