The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I quite like international football. Watching Scotland is mostly torture, but there are countries I really enjoy, Germany, Mexico, Italy, Egypt, Holland (mostly because I'm sure one day they will all batter each other on the pitch).

Brandane

Legendary Member
Watching Scotland is mostly torture
Didn't see the game, but listened on Sportsound and it sounds as if we put in a good performance. Just a small matter of beating Slovenia away from home, then the play off, and we can go to Russia where we will go out in the first round on goal difference :whistle:.

I also quite like international football. It's games involving either side of the OF that are a blight on the season, IMHO...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
For some reason im watching the England game tonight.Im starting to think drying paint also watches England games.
It was dreadful. The best thing any England manager could do is to make sure they lose all their qualifying games so they don't have to inflict themselves on tournaments. They are as far away from being contenders as at any time since '66, and there are no younger players waiting in the wings who are likely to alter that.

In fact the next generation of English footballers who go into a World Cup with realistic hopes probably hasn't been born yet.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just back from the boozer and watched Scotland thump Slovakia one nil. Highlights can lie but they looked better than that England shiteness.

AndyRM

XOXO
Just back from the boozer and watched Scotland thump Slovakia one nil. Highlights can lie but they looked better than that England shiteness.

It helped that they were knackered having spent most of the game a man down. But still, they are a better side than Slovenia who I expected England to wallop. Both sides did what was needed, England are through, we've still got the glimmer of a playoff spot, but looking at potential opponents we'd be in for a stern challenge.

Although, if we did get through (big if) chances are WW3 will have kicked off and the tournament will be cancelled.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
We got a display of racism at our game. Pars fan doing a monkey impersonation when Hippolyte scored. The Police said he was making the gesture at Allan Johnston, the Dunfermline manager :wacko:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Kante injured - I loathe this international nonsense.

As a keen football fan (albeit with somewhat limited focus) they really are a bore. Of all the fans of various affiliations that I know, not one is interested in the international scene.

Imo it tends to be of interest to people who generally deride footy but suddenly become experts in the game during the Euro's and more especially the WC.

Moan, moan, moan...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Kante injured - I loathe this international nonsense.

As a keen football fan (albeit with somewhat limited focus) they really are a bore. Of all the fans of various affiliations that I know, not one is interested in the international scene.

Imo it tends to be of interest to people who generally deride footy but suddenly become experts in the game during the Euro's and more especially the WC.

Moan, moan, moan...

I went down my local pub on Thursday night. I asked the lad behind the bar if there'd been any matches on that night. I expected him to say nothing apart from local non league stuff. I was surprised when he told me England had been playing! I honestly did not know they were playing that night and i've only just remembered they're playing tonight as well. Once of a day an England match was a big thing,but now with so much "football saturation" it's just another match they have on the telly,to me.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

The last thing a fan of any club now wants is for their players to be picked for international duty. They'll come back knackered or injured, and if they perform well another club will poach them.

If the games were worth watching it would be something, but at least as far as England go I can't remember the last one that rose above stupifyingly boring.

Top Bottom