The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Bargain at 15 million imo.Will he get a lot of playtime though?

I think Barkley will be a very good, possibly great player for Chelsea.

At Everton, he has shown flashes of brilliance at times, but has also frustrated many more times. The main problem he has had has been his dithering on the ball and poor decision making, which has often led to losing possession and/or a move breaking down. As a result, many fans questioned whether he would ever fulfil his potential, and now, due to those issues, many wonder why Chelsea have bought him, as the general quality of their players seems far superior than Ross's general level of performance.

There is also quite a lot of ill feeling towards him after his £35m move last summer broke down when he must have known his value would be reducing significantly due to his contract expiring in about 6 months, and lo and behold the move is resurrected and goes through at £20m cheaper in the very next window, so perhaps some of those doubters' views are tainted somewhat. I am just as cynical as other Evertonians, but as he was injured last summer, I would expect my club to play the same game if the roles were reversed.

Personally, I have always liked him as a player; and as a local lad and Toffee himself, the sentimental side of me was desperate for him to be a big part of Everton's future. Alas, that is not to be, but I think the move could be the making of him. He will be freed from the pressure of being a local lad feeling the frustration of fans when he isn't firing on all cylinders, and also playing in a better team with better players. Everton have suffered from a chronic lack of pace and movement in recent seasons and I feel much of his indecision on the ball is down to that limiting his options. I think he will benefit from Chelsea's slicker style, and from being a smaller fish in a bigger pond down there, I expect he will improve vastly.

Very disappointed to see him go, but I wish him well.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Coutinho to Barca. £105m upfront, £142m possible with extras. And transfer now, even though they can't pick him in the CL…

Screenshot (92).png

26169204_10156077158149198_2204372985462575653_n.jpg

Hoping to get a decent home draw in the next round

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Southampton will be having sleepless nights for the next few weeks.
Yup, they'll be going for that tea lady......though I think the neighbours will be having sleepless nights for a few months regardless…the derby might be back on next season!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Wasn't our A team on the park today but what a turgid performance against Norwich - pathetic.

Top Bottom