The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
After some good recent results Barnet are relegated from the football league again. Not good enough in the rest of the season, its taken 4 managers to eventually give us a little hope. But heyho I shall enjoy watching them in the national league next season.

"Dropping out of the league" isn't such a big deal nowadays, the National League has higher attendances, quality and profile than ever. It really is time that it was made easier to get out of, at least 2 auto promotions and a third via the play offs.

I have not renewed my ST for Bradford City, first time for over 25 years and doubt I'll go again whilst the German owners are taking the mick and Grayson's clog footed oafs are hoofing it miles. To think we were 90 mins away from the Championship 12 months ago playing lovely possession based football under the ginger god. Next season I am going to see the most attractive game that's on each weekend from Farsley Celtic, Guiseley, Thackley, Halifax and Harrogate Town.:okay:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
"Dropping out of the league" isn't such a big deal nowadays, the National League has higher attendances, quality and profile than ever. It really is time that it was made easier to get out of, at least 2 auto promotions and a third via the play offs.
I agree with that. In fact I'd make it Division three of the Football League with the same promotion and relegation status of the other divisions.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It bears repeating, especially when remembering Karen Brady pitching up to vote in favour of cuts to tax credits.
You'd have had less money for welfare spending had a Premiership football club NOT taken the stadium off the governments hands. Remember West Ham are paying a lease and no other sport could have afforded to do that, it was West Ham or demolish it and write off the cost.

I'd also like to remind people that Manchester City got their stadium for nothing, and despite becoming the richest club in the world shortly afterwards have never been under any pressure to pay all or some of it back.

gavgav

Legendary Member
After some good recent results Barnet are relegated from the football league again. Not good enough in the rest of the season, its taken 4 managers to eventually give us a little hope. But heyho I shall enjoy watching them in the national league next season.
All the best in your attempts to come straight back up. Barnet over the abhorrent Salford moneybags any day!

Lonestar

Veteran
I posted my support for Morecambe's survival with you and your club in mind. Unfortunately someone has to go down and it was either Morecambe or Barnet. No offence meant but i wanted Morecambe to survive for the reasons i posted on Friday. Do you think Barnet will bounce back or do a Hartlepool and be way off the promotion places? The National League must be the toughest division to get out of. Accy will find next season much harder than the one we've just had. That's pretty obvious, but if we can avoid the bottom four then it will be a success. Morecambe's poor run and inability to break away from near the bottom of League 2 probably gave your club false hope.

I'm an Orient fan and I reckon Barnet will be a big threat next season.

mark st1

Plastic Manc

Tarpey to Maidenhead :okay:

potsy

Rambler

I have not renewed my ST for Bradford City, first time for over 25 years and doubt I'll go again whilst the German owners are taking the mick and Grayson's clog footed oafs are hoofing it miles. To think we were 90 mins away from the Championship 12 months ago playing lovely possession based football under the ginger god. Next season I am going to see the most attractive game that's on each weekend from Farsley Celtic, Guiseley, Thackley, Halifax and Harrogate Town.:okay:
Bradford PA could do with the extra support, and they could be in the conference yet! ^_^

MarkF

Guru
Bradford PA could do with the extra support, and they could be in the conference yet! ^_^

They are having an unbelievable season for such a tiny skint club. Since reforming in the late 1980's they have managed to develop a fan base of maybe 350 in a city of half a million! It has too many old timer bitter volunteers sticking their oar in and banging on about Kevin Hector to progress properly, it's such a shame. Still, it won't be long before they are all dead.............then it can't be long before somebody takes the initiative and goes for the asian market, they have a head start playing in green. Bradford City pretty much ignore them or think they all play cricket like it was 1978 or summat. BPA is a club just waiting to take off, all it needs is somebody brave enough, the potential is immeasurably bigger than Accrington and look what they have done.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
PHEW! just PHEW! (You'd never guess I'm a Birmingham fan).

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Our (possible ) local rivals next season, Boreham Wood, are in the playoff final against Tranmere next week to get promotion to the league.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
This could end in tears. The conspiracy theorists are already claiming that he is an agent from the other side, because of the Liverpool connection with Brendan Rogers. He has been sent to further weaken Rangers in order to pave the way for 10-in-a-row :ohmy:. I hope Aberdeen (or any other team for that matter) throw a spanner in the works for the 10 in a row thing.

Oh I don't know......I thought it was the other way round. Rangers must be desperate to find someone who can stop Brendan Rodgers winning the title, and Steven Gerrad has proven himself as the man who can do that:

Steven-Gerrard-slips.jpg

He's done it before, he can do it again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lonestar

Veteran
So Swansea look like they are going down them.Shame.I have a soft spot for them.In the match last night they looked a bit flat.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
15 West Ham 36 -22 38
16 Southampton 37 -18 36
17 Huddersfield 36 -29 36
18 Swansea 37 -27 33
19 West Brom 37 -23 31
20 Stoke 37 -34 30

Can someone tell me how West Brom were only relegated last night and not on Saturday please. The way i see it,the last safety spot is occupied by Huddersfield who can't now be caught by West Brom,but surely after last Saturday's draws for both clubs West Brom couldn't catch them. I've tried to work it out but i can't see how they were only relegated last night and not on Saturday.:scratch:

Top Bottom