The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
View attachment 408528 A wet miserable meaningless 0-0 at Celtic Park last night.
Neither team had anything to play for , and it showed.

I can't even say the cycle there and back was the best bit.
Soaked getting there, sat soggy for two hours then a chilly return .
I was almost home before I warmed up .

A boring game indeed, but that's 3 games unbeaten for Killie under Clarke against Celtic, which is a hell of a record. Forget about what Gerrard's might do next season, it's all about Ayrshire's finest!

AndyRM

XOXO
And in other fitba news, this list sums up painfully accurately why our national side is hopeless:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...-in-scottish-football-right-now-1-4736947/amp

MarkF

Guru
That's why i said "at our level". Accy beat teams at our level to come first. Not 4th like Tottenham did,or much lower like others always seem to do.:whistle:

I suspect their may have been some skullduggery, cheating even, Accy are known for it. Admitting to fielding an ineligible player against Bradford City then selling them a £250k clog footed oaf worth tuppence.

gavgav

Guru
If sport was only about winning trophies it wouldn't be worth doing, because the vast majority of participants will never win anything.

And BTW, taking the League 2 title is not generally regarded as having reached the pinnacle of football. Most fans round the country haven't got a clue who won it, or indeed who even took part.

Many football fans have a good idea who is in which league and doing well. There is more to Football than the Premiership!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I suspect their may have been some skullduggery, cheating even, Accy are known for it. Admitting to fielding an ineligible player against Bradford City then selling them a £250k clog footed oaf worth tuppence.
Known for it my arse. Maybe in Bradford, but that'll be it.:rolleyes: All we did was play another same level of player to the one who didn't play. It didn't give Accy an advantage Mark. I could understand if Accy had played Ronaldo as the non eligible player that match^_^,but whoever played for us wouldn't have been any better a footballer than the ones registered to play for that game.:smile:

MarkF

Guru
Known for it my arse. Maybe in Bradford, but that'll be it.:rolleyes: All we did was play another same level of player to the one who didn't play. It didn't give Accy an advantage Mark. I could understand if Accy had played Ronaldo as the non eligible player that match^_^,but whoever played for us wouldn't have been any better a footballer than the ones registered to play for that game.:smile:

I'd say that an ineligible (should not have been on the pitch) scoring a goal provided some advantage...............Accrington are a lower league Juventus, the dark arts never far away.....

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd say that an ineligible (should not have been on the pitch) scoring a goal provided some advantage...............Accrington are a lower league Juventus, the dark arts never far away.....
Oh and if you're on about Shay McGiven("Admitting to fielding an ineligible player against Bradford City then selling them a £250k clog footed oaf worth tuppence"),he was a good player till he joined your lot! In fact if i remember rightly you were praising him after his first few matches. There's something about your club that brings out the worst in players. It's like when a decent family feels sorry for someone less well off and gives them their unwanted settee,only for that less well off family to go and spill food all over it and rip it underneath, to see if there's any money fallen down the back.:okay:

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
45C59068-CF41-43B9-895C-F7D4E916F339.jpeg
Happy 35th Gothenburg anniversary to Aberdeen Football Club!
Mr M was there.

Slick

Guru
Also a great manager, hope he makes a good recovery.
Yes, definitely. I think he is on the mend though by all accounts.

As with any great team, a lot of these guys turned out to be top class, none more so than the captain pictured front and centre.

Unlikely to see the likes again for some time.

Top Bottom