The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
CL qualifiers have become a joke.
4 qualifying rounds.
8 midweek games in 8 weeks before the season begins properly.

Meanwhile the chosen few waltz straight in, not based on ability, but on the size of the TV audience and money involved.
Just the way of the world now I'm afraid to ensure the big boys continue to be spoon fed.

pjd57

Veteran
Just the way of the world now I'm afraid to ensure the big boys continue to be spoon fed.
The baws burst !

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
So, Everton sack Allardyce after he took them out of a possible relegation scrap to finish eight and West Ham wave goodbye to Moyes after he saved them from almost an certain drop. Both managers did what they did in half a season and both were forced out by spoilt brat fans putting pressure on gutless owners because the teams don't play like Barcelona.

I fecking despair.

So, Everton sack Allardyce after he took them out of a possible relegation scrap to finish eight and West Ham wave goodbye to Moyes after he saved them from almost an certain drop. Both managers did what they did in half a season and both were forced out by spoilt brat fans putting pressure on gutless owners because the teams don't play like Barcelona.

I fecking despair.

Moyes back to Everton, I reckon, at this stage.

And Big Sam will be competing with the likes of Pardew and others in the mediocre group of managers (we know who they are) for another desperate, below average club with ridiculous expectations but who aren't prepared/able to splash out for decent players.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Ridiculous that Moyes was sacked.

BFS will be pleased summer to Jan off in the sun, get another relegation fodder team in December that has the playing staff to stay up but are pushing manager out by not turning up, get a decent budget for transfer in jan with you favourite agents get a huge stay up bonus rinse and repeat.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I caught two of the league two play offs.

Quite nice seeing the portly balding center forward having the ball launched at him from all angles because he was a good header.

Quite sad seeing that huge stadium of Coventry's looking empty for a play off.

Can never believe the drop off in attendance out of the top tier. Where do the "fan's" go?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I would have gave moyes another season to see what he could have done.
I can honestly see the two dildo brothers f*****g it up again.
So would I.

Too many Premier clubs and their fans have unrealistic expectations of what they can achieve. There are a maximum of seven or eight who are guaranteed to be safe every year, the remaining clubs will alternate between hoping to sneak into a Europa League spot one year and fighting to avoid relegation the next, with a cup run the most they can hope for. Like it or not, that's the way it is in today's financial climate and a manager who can keep you at the table is worth his weight in gold.

I can see us ending up with some Carlos Kickball who had success in a foreign league without anywhere near the intensity of our own and after a promising start dropping down the league like a stone.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted

I fecking despair.
As an Evertonian, I have to say that I despair of how Allardyce has been hounded out by a big section of our fans. The football hasn't been pretty, and at times has been like watching paint dry, but so it was under previous managers, which our fans conveniently forget. It seems as much as anything that the players aren't capable of producing more entertaining football.

He hasn't helped himself and should have been more professional in some things he has said; he seems to have been winding the fans up with some quotes, but SA has been hounded since the moment he was appointed, when we win, it is luck, when we lose it is because he is a poor manager, etc, etc, etc. so I reckon he has just been countering those unbalanced views, and perhaps even taking the p***a bit as well.

I think both clubs could have done worse than stick with Allardyce and Moyes into next season and take time to prepare the way for properly managed change rather than, as you say, bow to the fans the way they have.

Top Bottom