The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Doesn't really matter how you cut that, it's a step back.
It must get a bit boring when you keep winning everything^_^. Not that there is much opposition in Scottish football. Celtic's European exploits haven't exactly set the world alight, so maybe he wants a tilt in a league where there is some semblance of quality opposition, and of course the money might be a factor.:rolleyes:

Slick

Guru
It must get a bit boring when you keep winning everything^_^. Not that there is much opposition in Scottish football. Celtic's European exploits haven't exactly set the world alight, so maybe he wants a tilt in a league where there is some semblance of quality opposition, and of course the money might be a factor.:rolleyes:
Probably bang on but some people might be surprised by this but I am sorry to see a guy of his standing leave, especially so close to the end of the season. I won't comment on the potential for more bad press at tonight's game.

potsy

Rambler
Barnet out of the FA trophy. Lost to Fylde 4-1on penalties.
You wouldn't have beaten us twice anyway, Fylde won't be wanting to play us in the semi final the form we are in :tongue:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The problem isn't VAR, it's the numpties in charge of it.
Handball can be subjective, because not every instance where hand and ball make contact counts as an infringement. Similar with fouls, there is no clear cut definition of when physical contact crosses the line from acceptable to illegal. And if you've never heard studio pundits arguing furiously about whether someone was actually offside or not after viewing thirteen different angles of replay...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think VAR is a big step forward - might not be perfect and won't eliminate wrong decisions entirely but it has to be better than the countless wrong decisions that referees have made over the years.

Doesn't bother me if it takes a while to make a decision - I've been to enough matches over the years where there have been reasonably lengthy delays due to feigned injuries, player squabbles, players arguing with ref's etc. Can't see where the odd VAR delay is going to make any difference at all.

AndyRM

XOXO
Handball can be subjective, because not every instance where hand and ball make contact counts as an infringement. Similar with fouls, there is no clear cut definition of when physical contact crosses the line from acceptable to illegal. And if you've never heard studio pundits arguing furiously about whether someone was actually offside or not after viewing thirteen different angles of replay...

As I said, the numpties in charge are the problem.

ozboz

Guru
A similar incident happened when City played Schalke , arguably the ball was going towards the goal, the ref went to VAR, amazingly the video could not be viewed by ref the screen went off , tech prob , so decision was made off the pitch , goes it was awarded , back of arm as defender turned

Top Bottom