The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
A bit daft, really. I know Leicester pulled off that shock league win a couple of years back, but for a club like that twelfth place and no danger of going down is par for the course. I don't know what club owners expect now, but most of them haven't a prayer of achieving it.
Agreed the expectations of some fans is unrealistic . Puels problem was he was trying to change Leicester style of play which has been so successful which turns fans against him . The last 2 managers were sacked after 6 losses and Sat game was Puels 6 loss so the owners are consistence . Just heard Brennan Rogers name mentioned on the news, not for me thank you

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Extraordinary scenes at the end of extra time in the League Cup final. Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa refuses to come off after being substituted and goes on to gift City a goal in the shoot out despite making a good save later.

ozboz

Guru
I listened to it on the radio, when the keeper seemed to be in trouble at the end of extra time, I honestly thought it was a form of guise to allow Willy to come , he does have a good track record at penalty saves , how wrong I was ,

pjd57

Veteran
Lot of anger at the Celtic v Motherwell game today.

2-0 up and in control. Celtic put the ball out to allow treatment to a Motherwell.
They take a throw in. Celtic team and most of the Motherwell team are standing waiting on the ball being played back towards the goalkeeper as usual in these situations.
Young Motherwell player ignores this ......goal.

Didn't affect the outcome but the row will run for a while.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Lot of anger at the Celtic v Motherwell game today.

2-0 up and in control. Celtic put the ball out to allow treatment to a Motherwell.
They take a throw in. Celtic team and most of the Motherwell team are standing waiting on the ball being played back towards the goalkeeper as usual in these situations.
Young Motherwell player ignores this ......goal.

Didn't affect the outcome but the row will run for a while.

I read that Christie (Celtic) got injured, went off the pitch but came back on. He then sat down on the pitch and Celtic knocked the ball out of play. When Motherwell restarted with a throw in, they went up the field and scored.

Now if that's true (I never saw it) it's a totally different story. Celtic knocked the ball out for their convenience to sub a guy then expected the opposition to give them the ball back.

pjd57

Veteran
I read that Christie (Celtic) got injured, went off the pitch but came back on. He then sat down on the pitch and Celtic knocked the ball out of play. When Motherwell restarted with a throw in, they went up the field and scored.

Now if that's true (I never saw it) it's a totally different story. Celtic knocked the ball out for their convenience to sub a guy then expected the opposition to give them the ball back.

It was just the usual , kick it out, followed by a throw in up the wing.

Most of the players in both teams standing watching , waiting on it being played back towards the keeper to get the game going.

Didn't happen.
Nearly every player on the pitch was angry about it.
The Motherwell keeper was going ballistic with the guy that done it.

Top Bottom