The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48215665

Online retailer Zavvi has apologised after telling customers they had won a VIP trip to the Champions League football final in Madrid.

Joyous winners took to social media to announce their news - and dismay on learning of the error.

What Zavvi called "technical issues" meant its entire subscriber list may have been told they were winners.

Oops

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Falkirk ran the multiball system a few seasons ago but were told to stop by the SFA as it needs the agreement of both managers and too many opponents objected.

U

User169

Right, as I was saying... :whistle:

A great game, to watch even if you're a neutral.

Guts and character got Spurs through and hopefully they'll carry it to the final in three weeks time with a new-found confidence. I don't want to see the vultures from the big clubs come in and deplete the Ajax team: they could go far. When Ajax are strong, so is the national team.

My mates in Amsterdam said Spurs were the better team and they had no (real) qualms about the result. Out of interest, @DP, what did the Dutch (Amsterdam) papers say about the game/result?

^_^

Feyenoorder here, so had a bit of a chortle at full time!

Dutch press mainly saying Ajax did their best, but it wasn't quite good enough. Disappointment too that the team will now be picked to pieces.

Pretty funny that Emery was responsible for Moura ending up at Spurs!

vickster

Legendary Member
That’ll do and then some :okay::okay::okay:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Paul, you know how I always "like" your posts and when possible I double "like" them. And you know how often I have said to other members "you know what, that PaulB is the nicest guy on Cycle Chat".
Well I have recently fallen on bad times, I mean really really bad times.
I would desperately love to go to the final. Just one of your tickets would do.
BTW, I am wiiling to accept an economy flight.
There's a long queue of people asking the same thing mate! There's the lad I go with, my son, his son (but he's only 6) and my wife all making claims for that second ticket.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Scottish teams are playing qualifiers before the season even starts.

And why do you think that is?

It's because Scottish teams aren't good enough to warrant a path through to the tournament proper. Think of it like the lower division clubs in England having to play from round one (some of them even earlier) of the FA Cup while the teams from the top two divisions don't enter until the third round. Same thing.

Top Bottom