The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You both make valid points @PaulB and @pjd57, but Scottish football's downfall is, and has been for some time, the morons in charge of the SFA, who are not fit to run a bath.

Yup. Imagine an EPL cut to 12 teams to ensure 4 Man Utd/Man City tv games a year, a league where those two teams can veto any and all changes they don't like.

Talking of which, see they're trying again to get the Old Firm Colts into the league despite being told emphatically no so many times.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So two teams from London have to play in Baku 2500 miles away. The fans will have to get to a city that has no direct flights from London, train takes 4 and driving takes 5 days.
Luckily the teams only get 6000 tickets each which less than 10%. That is scandalous In a 68000 seat stadium.

ozboz

Guru
I’ve never really heard of Baku , but apparently there are flights from Gatwick, not overly cheap , and they may put the cost up as of today,

Edit , just put news on telly, flights will be dearer for fans at this game and CL final

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
You both make valid points @PaulB and @pjd57, but Scottish football's downfall is, and has been for some time, the morons in charge of the SFA, who are not fit to run a bath.
I've had discussions with Aberdeen and Dundee fans about this subject. If the Weedgie giants left, surely that would be better for Scottish football because then other teams would be in with a chance of winning? But their answers were always to say no, it would impoverish Scottish football because the big two wouldn't be around to bring fans and big up their gates. The whole of Scottish football revolves around the big two like nothing existed before them.

How would you change things to make improvements?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
They're not the big draw they make out. When they come to your stadium, policing costs sky-rocket and clubs like St Johnstone have found their home crowd drops when either team comes. Most Premier League clubs bar Celtic saw their home crowds grow after Rangers died and before the new version came back as their club actually stood a chance of winning something. In the 5 years covering Rangers' fall, 5 different clubs won the Scottish Cup.

What they do bring to the table are the tv deals from companies eager to see the hatred and bile of an Old Firm derby.

postman

Legendary Member
Excellent - 4 EPL teams in the two big cup finals.

Penalties were a bit nail-biting but well done to Kepa.

Oh dear,you have not heard the 07-00 news then.The EU are so upset that the finals are being contested by Prem League teams.They have voted to null and void the results.Citing an EU regulation number 1406/2205 section 1.Which states the pea in the Ref's whistles should be of a certain size shape and colour,it seems the ones used were found to be faulty.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Oh dear,you have not heard the 07-00 news then.The EU are so upset that the finals are being contested by Prem League teams.They have voted to null and void the results.Citing an EU regulation number 1406/2205 section 1.Which states the pea in the Ref's whistles should be of a certain size shape and colour,it seems the ones used were found to be faulty.
I would really like to believe that. Please tell me its true (with a link of course).

postman

Legendary Member
kmc-chain-link-kl10-silver.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
I've had discussions with Aberdeen and Dundee fans about this subject. If the Weedgie giants left, surely that would be better for Scottish football because then other teams would be in with a chance of winning? But their answers were always to say no, it would impoverish Scottish football because the big two wouldn't be around to bring fans and big up their gates. The whole of Scottish football revolves around the big two like nothing existed before them.

How would you change things to make improvements?

@Diogenes has it pretty much covered. Folk claimed that Rangers not being around would ruin other clubs. It didn't.

I'd also change the league structure, starting with binning the split, which is just nonsense.

I'd expand the top flight to 16 teams, playing each other home and away. Also increase the lower leagues to 12 teams each, with 3 up and 3 down from all divisions.

Top Bottom