The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Probably the best goal keeper I've ever seen. The flying pig as he was known.

Can't disagree with that. Goram was absolutely class. For his build, his agility was ridiculous.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
"Two Andy Gorams, there's only two Andy Gorams" (after the papers said he was suffering from schizophrenia)

I remember McLoy swinging from the crossbar at Hampden after letting another one in.

Rough was ok but can't be forgiven for Peru. And that bloody haircut.

pjd57

Veteran
Big McLoy had some record, although I do remember the crossbar hang, against Eberdeen was it?
Spoke very well about his good friend and golf buddy Stevie Chalmers recently.
Seems a decent big guy.

My football memories of him are mostly picking the ball out the net.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
The game now needs a European Super League. The gulf between the financial haves and the have nots has become too great and will probably grow even more. Best to cut the biggest clubs loose and return to some sort of competitive league domestic fans can enjoy.
I can't see that happening any time soon. Every game would have a crowd of about 90% home fans, fans would have to take a day off work for every midweek match, the expense would be far too much for the ordinary fan.
I think what we need is a fairer distribution of the TV money coming into the game. All premiership clubs should get the same amount. That way the lower teams would be able to afford better players. The rich clubs would still have their off-field revenues to boost their share, so they wouldn't suffer unduly. Quite a few clubs near the top are only short of a couple of players, so this might enable them to break into the top tier.

Slick

Guru
Spoke very well about his good friend and golf buddy Stevie Chalmers recently.
Seems a decent big guy.

My football memories of him are mostly picking the ball out the net.
Harsh. :laugh:

I don't really remember that but I know he played in a team that were no strangers to defeat.

Sometimes difficult to judge a goalkeeper, as most of them are only ever going to be as good as the defenders in front of them.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Harsh. :laugh:

I don't really remember that but I know he played in a team that were no strangers to defeat.

Sometimes difficult to judge a goalkeeper, as most of them are only ever going to be as good as the defenders in front of them.
Have to agree with that. Like Allison at Lpool. I do believe he is a big step up from Mignolet or Karius but they never had the chance to play behind this much improved defence.

ozboz

Guru
Need to find a new captain though

Vincent Kompany: Manchester City captain to leave after 11 years
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48325845

A big pair of boots to fill , my choices would be KdB or Stones , but Stones is not having such a good time of it at the mo , Vinnie has backed Bernardo Siva , a lot of fans fancy Laporte to get it , but most of us favour Kd B, he is vocal and leads by example , but like Vinnie he has had a lot of time away through Injury,

Slick

Guru
Exciting fixture today at Love Street if the quality was a bit suspect.

United really should have lost 2 men to red cards before St Mirren lost their one shining light to another dodgy decision.

Further drama when United failed to score a single penalty with a mixture of great goalkeeping and horrendous decision making.

All in all a pretty good day for the Buddies, but they will have to improve to avoid going down next season.

R_nger

Guru
Watching the highlights of the Charlton - Sunderland League 1 play offs tonight, Sunderland have a player called Max Power. Either his old man was a petrol head, a comedian or he had never heard of the magazine.
Hmm, I wonder if he's related to Will, who finished 5th in the Indy 500 yesterday

Top Bottom