The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It does seem the way to go , and I agree to point , but how would the fans be affording the expense to get to European Cites , I know just normal working people who save to go and watch away games, which could go both ways , be a bit rubbish going to a stadium without away fans giving it some rubarb , I do not know what the answer is , but I look at Utd , loads of money , massive player magnet , but lost their way since Ferguson packed in , Liverpool were not as dominant before Koop , Chelsea had it all going for them , it does seem that there are Managers and Managers ,
Maybe the super rich clubs could subsidise the fan base rather than paying the players 500k a week...just a thought

AndyRM

XOXO
In other European football news, Killie have finished third in the league, beating Rangers 2-1 at Rugby Park on the last day. Unreal.

IMG-20190519-WA0014.jpeg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Have you been reading The Guardian? ;)
I haven't read that, but it sums it up for me. EUFA want it to prevent cheeky little clubs like Leicester coming in and crapping on their floor and the TV companies feel the same, big revenue comes from people all over the world paying to see the iconic names, not provincial clubs they've never heard of. The elite clubs would be happy not to have to travel to play the lower class upstarts who show them no respect and threaten to rob them of the points needed to qualify for another year on the gravey train.

And if the European League doesn't work and the need to return to domestic football, they can always apply to join one of the part time feeder leagues and work their way back up.

AndyRM

XOXO
Congratulations, I don't grudge it for a second. All I need now is for heats to win the cup next week to keep the sheep out of Europe.

Is this a resignation speech?

Absolutely. I knew he would leave, and I'm gutted, but what a season and a half it's been. What Clarke has done is nothing short of a miracle. I cant see why he couldn't do the same with Scotland.

Slick

Guru
Absolutely. I knew he would leave, and I'm gutted, but what a season and a half it's been. What Clarke has done is nothing short of a miracle. I cant see why he couldn't do the same with Scotland.
Hasn't left yet though.

If he can do the same for the international team, it really will be a miracle.

postman

Legendary Member
I cant see why he couldn't do the same with Scotland.

Had we been in the 1960's or early 70's,Scotland might have had a good team.Every top FIRST DIVISION club,had a fair share of Scottish players.Off the top of my head i cannot think of a top quality Scottish footballer playing for the top six teams in the Prem League,so that gives Scotland no chance at all of being a force in World Football,and i can see England going the same way.Yer problem is foreign coaches.Everything is instant,buy in and get an instant team.Nobody is allowed to build,going to be good to see how Ole goes on at United.

Slick

Guru
Had we been in the 1960's or early 70's,Scotland might have had a good team.Every top FIRST DIVISION club,had a fair share of Scottish players.Off the top of my head i cannot think of a top quality Scottish footballer playing for the top six teams in the Prem League,so that gives Scotland no chance at all of being a force in World Football,and i can see England going the same way.Yer problem is foreign coaches.Everything is instant,buy in and get an instant team.Nobody is allowed to build,going to be good to see how Ole goes on at United.
Got to be honest, we're all over the heady days of Ally MacLeod and Argentina. Nobody expects Scotland ever to be a force in world football. Unfortunately

postman

Legendary Member
I am of a age where i can remember the Home Championships,all four Nations playing each other.I loved Scottish football teams.They always played great football,just let down by some odd goalkeepers.

Slick

Guru
I am of a age where i can remember the Home Championships,all four Nations playing each other.I loved Scottish football teams.They always played great football,just let down by some odd goalkeepers.
I remember them too but never truly understood the goalkeeper thing as I felt our keepers were far from the worst.

We've always been able to produce great individuals and we will again. Great teams is probably out with our reach for the moment.

AndyRM

XOXO

Andrew Robertson?

AndyRM

XOXO
I remember them too but never truly understood the goalkeeper thing as I felt our keepers were far from the worst.

We've always been able to produce great individuals and we will again. Great teams is probably out with our reach for the moment.

In my lifetime I can't think of a bad Scottish goalkeeper. I'm 33, for context. Plenty of shite English ones though.

Top Bottom