The Football.....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Spartak, 29 Jan 2012.

1. Slow But Determined

Slow But Determined Nid Yw Cymru Ar Werth!

Wonder if the English FA will be as vocal about sanctions as they were a few weeks back....not!!

2. MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

Why don't the FA just spend a few hundred quid sponsoring 5 or 6 top Russian hoolies to "police" these 1000's of Brit fakers?

3. MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

English fans cannot wait to hound a "non hoofer" after a bad game, nothing changes there. If Maguire had made those mistakes he'd have "learnt from it". Stones being a total oddball, being English and a footballing defender, will cop it

Accy cyclist likes this.
  4. Slow But Determined

That should read English fakers surely, I feel sure that when the Celtic contingent of the UK play this weekend there will not be scenes like this.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2019
  5. England now play Switzerland in a third place play off on Sunday afternoon. Who will be 'up for it' I ask?:rolleyes: Ah well,i suppose third place in the Nations League is better than nowt. Just slightly better though.:dry:

Last edited: 6 Jun 2019
  6. MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

You are right, l am Irish and get muddled up sometimes, useless English hoolies it is

7. Kempstonian

Kempstonian Über Member

Identify them and take their passports away. Or risk them doing it again. Its not rocket science.

8. PaulB

PaulB Guru

Continuous booing of the finest defender who's ever played in this country showed the mentality of the dregs who go abroad to watch England. They deserve what they got.

9. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Cmon the Lionesses :okay:

10. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

Talking of defending...

11. PaulB

PaulB Guru

Life is very tough for clubs outside the Premiership. Coventry City will have to play all their 'home' games next season outside Coventry -https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal...a69Jh6POrjGUWjP62_JnKH1W_n5QZY15az1sRkR5W_M7g

We've got clubs like Bury and Bolton who are limping on with players and staff going unpaid, clubs playing to 2/3rd 1/2 empty stadiums (no, I refuse) while fans are sitting at home watching Premier and Champions league games in the comfort of their own homes. Some clubs will not survive until 2020.

12. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

Meanwhile in Scotland, where apparently football is $hite , Celtic have sold out their season tickets for next season already.

13. Slow But Determined

Yes and I am on a waiting list to see if I can get squeezed in at Cliftonhill.

pjd57 and Slick like this.
  14. Slick

Slick Veteran

It's a different league but the same principle applies up here.

15. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

Football on TV has little appeal to me.
    If I am not at a game it takes something special for me to sit and watch it on telly.

But I know a lot of people claim to be fans of various clubs and never set foot in a ground.

PaulB likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice