The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
l also watched 2 games simultaneously (Heaven) in the Red Corner Sports Bar, Northern Ireland v Germany and Scotland v Belgium, both formers are well outclassed before a ball is kicked obviously, but the contrast was astonishing.

NI took the game to Germany (when they could), pressed and harried from the first to last minute, made the Germans hoof and made a right go of it, they lost 0-2 but I think their fans would have gone home well happy. Scotland just turned up.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A good day for LFC fans. They came back well from a special goal. I quite like Newcastle but you could see them fading as Lpool got stronger. Eventually it could/should have been more.
And then City losing to Norwich :eek:. City seem to be really missing that French centre back (name???) and he is out till the new year.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A good day for LFC fans. They came back well from a special goal. I quite like Newcastle but you could see them fading as Lpool got stronger. Eventually it could/should have been more.
And then City losing to Norwich :eek:. City seem to be really missing that French centre back (name???) and he is out till the new year.

Laporte.

Good day for the new look getting younger by the hour Chelsea team. Plus the pundits seem to like us now that Frank's in charge.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I watched the game, very entertaining. Man City's defeat to Norwich didn't come as a surprise to me, there is something a bit fragile about them.

West Ham could go top four tomorrow if the beat Villa, but of course it's in the club's DNA to feck that one up.

Slick

Guru
I thought Norwich looked really good going forward against Liverpool in the first game of the season, although they eventually lost quite substantially, the boy leading the front line who's name escapes me looked like he could punish anyone and yesterday proved that.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
That's him. Where did he come from?
He certainly looks capable of scoring against any defence.
One and a half million squid. Bargaintastic.

Slick

Guru
He was at Celtic for a season and ripped Killie apart a couple of times.

Went to Brondby after that I think.
Wow, didn't know that but then again, why would I. Delighted they got rid though, he would have done a lot of damage to every defence up here.

pjd57

Veteran
I thought Norwich looked really good going forward against Liverpool in the first game of the season, although they eventually lost quite substantially, the boy leading the front line who's name escapes me looked like he could punish anyone and yesterday proved that.
Did you forget he used to play for Celtic ?

Top Bottom