The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Having watched Liverpool (v Burnley) and reading various reports they are going to take some stopping.
As an LFC fan Its hard to see a fault in Cities squad but I honestly feel the same about Liverpool. I even like the stand in FREE goalie we have got.
They used to talk about the big four, but it's really hard to see past the top two now. Both just look in a different league.

The Future of English Football, or just a phase?

Dave7

Legendary Member
They used to talk about the big four, but it's really hard to see past the top two now. Both just look in a different league.

I really hope its just a phase but I fear for the future of the league.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

I think it is more or less much of the same - most seasons in this millennium there has been a team that is pretty much unassailable. At the moment we have two teams setting the pace which as great as it gives the others a bigger target to aim for. In essence it's just the nature of the beast.

Teams evolve, tactics, evolve, playing styles evolve - usually with one team 'going first' and the rest slowly emulate them.

MCFC & LFC are enjoying a well deserved moment in the sun but within 3-5 years they will be caught up with and probably overtaken. Arsenal are in the early stages of a complete revamp. Chelsea and MUFC are in the even earlier stages of more radical revamps. Spurs - I'm not sure what is happening there - damn good side but I think they have peaked and who knows what awaits them on the overhaul front.

What goes around comes around.

ozboz

Guru
Having watched Liverpool (v Burnley) and reading various reports they are going to take some stopping.
As an LFC fan Its hard to see a fault in Cities squad but I honestly feel the same about Liverpool. I even like the stand in FREE goalie we have got.

No matter how good City or the ‘Pool are , without going into a debate of the pros and cons of it , VAR , all teams could possibly suffer it’s effect especially those at both ends of the league ,

Slick

Guru
Well, that's JJ's Ibrox career over before it even began.
Nah, honestly don't think so. He hasn't shown what he is capable of yet but is more than capable of keeping his slot in the team against anyone. I think it has more to do with attacking options and using different tactics to unlock some stubborn defensive lines. We have a recent history of struggling against some teams that can defend well.

AndyRM

XOXO
Nah, honestly don't think so. He hasn't shown what he is capable of yet but is more than capable of keeping his slot in the team against anyone. I think it has more to do with attacking options and using different tactics to unlock some stubborn defensive lines. We have a recent history of struggling against some teams that can defend well.

I think, and hope you're right. He's an excellent player who I want to succeed, despite his classless exit from us. That injury looked nasty though age is on his side when it comes to recovery.

pjd57

Veteran
@Slick , I mentioned the Europa League 3 match package.
Your team have went a bit ott with the prices for ST holders.
£72 at Celtic park
£111 at Ibrox.

Over 50% more . Bit of a kick in the nuts for the fans.

MarkF

Guru
£72 at Celtic park
£111 at Ibrox.

Crazy! Considering, on Sunday's evidence, that both clubs would struggle to get promoted from L1.

Slick

Guru
£72 at Celtic park
£111 at Ibrox.

Just checked, 111 is the discounted rate. £123 is the full rate.

I'll pay it, because that's what fans do and obviously clubs know this.

AndyRM

XOXO
Joey Barton calling Accy disgusting.:thumbsdown:
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....-team-disgusting---joey-barton-slams-stanley/
He had a similar whinge last season when Fleetwood played at Accy. I find him a bit hypocritical. with him being an ex dirty player and going off last season when his team played at Barnsley,now a violent manager.

Agreed on the hypocrisy, but what he said in that interview does make a lot of sense.

Here he is being launched into orbit...

LegitimateDimwittedCrane-size_restricted.gif

MarkF

Guru
Ouch! That's a bad one but nobody is going to take much notice of Barton complaining or give sympathy to his players.

Watched Germany v Netherlands (2-4) in a downtown bar in Alicante last night, one of the best games l've seen in ages, a 90 minute thriller. Germany same as always but the Dutch bonkers, 2 useless full backs & ropey defensively but fantastic going forwards. What a game.:okay:

Top Bottom