The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Certainly a tough draw but I'd be hopeful of taking more than that. I reckon we're now pretty tough at home. Either way, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I hope you don't.^_^ I'd love to see my team at The De Kuip (The Tub) though that'll never happen, as the iconic European stadiums are replaced, this is the best of the last standing IMO along with the Mestalla in Valencia. Been to the latter but you should make the effort for Feyenoord, the new grounds plans are well advanced. What a design, built in the 1930's but looks superb today.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyIaTmXdK6GOZ-UibTlC59z3qZOGuhdEGqLRiIMlaMaG4gEtIq.jpg

Slick

Guru
I hope you don't.^_^ I'd love to see my team at The De Kuip (The Tub) though that'll never happen, as the iconic European stadiums are replaced, this is the best of the last standing IMO along with the Mestalla in Valencia. Been to the latter but you should make the effort for Feyenoord, the new grounds plans are well advanced. What a design, built in the 1930's but looks superb today.

View attachment 482745
I've been to the Mestalla Stadium a few years ago but never Feyenoord. I went to every away fixture in 2008 when we were beaten in the final but didn't do a lot of away trips after that. Thursday night whetted the appetite again though, so may take your advice but if I'm honest, it was Porto that I had my eye on.

MarkF

Guru
I've been to the Mestalla Stadium a few years ago but never Feyenoord. I went to every away fixture in 2008 when we were beaten in the final but didn't do a lot of away trips after that. Thursday night whetted the appetite again though, so may take your advice but if I'm honest, it was Porto that I had my eye on.

Tough choice, Porto every time for the city (hilly tho) but it's another blah stadium and they won't be up for Rangers much.

Slick

Guru
Tough choice, Porto every time for the city (hilly tho) but it's another blah stadium and they won't be up for Rangers much.
That's probably very true unless they need the points but as ever, for me, it's all about the Rangers anyway. :okay:

pjd57

Veteran
Certainly a tough draw but I'd be hopeful of taking more than that. I reckon we're now pretty tough at home. Either way, I'm looking forward to the challenge.
How much are they charging for the 3 home games.
£72 for Celtic season ticket holders , so I'm happy with that.
3 instalments as well if you're on the home cup tickets scheme.
Cheaper than SPFL games !

Slick

Guru
How much are they charging for the 3 home games.
£72 for Celtic season ticket holders , so I'm happy with that.
3 instalments as well if you're on the home cup tickets scheme.
Cheaper than SPFL games !
Nothing been released yet regarding 3 match packages but £72 seems like good value to me and would work out roughly what I've been paying for the qualifying rounds.

postman

Legendary Member
Just watched Southampton v Manchester United on the box.Oh dear sorry Utd fans but your glory days of Fergie's teams are a very long way a way.Awful performance.Pity because i have had a soft spot for Utd right from 1962,when i got interested in football.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Silly substitutions from Frank today. From 2-0 to 2-2 was poor.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just watched Southampton v Manchester United on the box.Oh dear sorry Utd fans but your glory days of Fergie's teams are a very long way a way.Awful performance.Pity because i have had a soft spot for Utd right from 1962,when i got interested in football.
Presumably you're not a Leeds fan then, no love lost between those teams!

postman

Legendary Member
Presumably you're not a Leeds fan then, no love lost between those teams!

i was a very big Revie fan,started off on the Spion Kop with my dad,then in to the shed back out again with dad on the terraces and finally a season ticket holder.But in 74 i had to make a choice.Work started at 05-00 six days a week.Pub on an evening so going to see Leeds meant i had little sleep,and with only Sunday off,something had to give and it was the football.

AndyRM

XOXO
A good day for Killie yesterday as we won away at St Johnstone. Not a great game to watch by all accounts but three points on the road makes up for that.

Closer to home, I went along to what I assume was a friendly between Newcastle and Watford which ended 1-1. I've never seen a more pedestrian pace at SJP, or such a low and apathetic turnout. This is the first game I've been to since Rafa left and the difference in atmosphere around the place is incredible.

Even closer to home (they were away, but I live a stone's throw from the Stadium of Light) Sunderland got skelped off Peterborough, which I reckon is a bit of a hangover from the midweek victory at Burnley.

Top Bottom