The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Talking about this down the pub last,.the question of what'll happen to Gigg Lane came up.
I know that when the same thing happened to Accy in 1962 the ground was just left to decay for years until it was demolished on safety grounds, The land is still a football/playing field as it belongs to a next door school. Will the owner of what was Fury FC sell the land for development? It's not much good for anything else is it? I don't think a reformed 'AFC Bury' or whatever could afford to run and maintain such a large ground,at lower non league level.
Another question was asked. Which league club will now take over the title of having the shortest name in the league? Without looking it up we got quite a few 7 lettered names, but none with just 6.,so it's almost certain there are non with just 5 letters in their full name.
I think its now Fulham with the shortest name

I see Dean Saunders has been a nobber and earned himself a prison sentence.
Good.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49497817
Should have also been charged with crimes against football namely taking Wolverhampton Wanderers into league 1.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Common sense will prevail and they'd start at a decent level.

What level would that be Mark? Whichever league they're invited to join if they reform, the clubs missing out on promotion or being relegated because a reformed Bury are now joining their league won't be happy. For example Chorley FC made the National League last season after years of getting so close. Would sticking a reformed Bury in the National League instead of such a club as Chorley be acceptable.?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Thing that i notice so often these days is the so called crowd
You see it on tv all the time, or rather you Dont
The empty stadia, a few people in a football ground is so depressing.
Like going to the pub that's empty, why bother..
Luton are supposed to have a great fan club yet the Cardiff game was empty.
Years ago clubs like Peterborough usedto get near capacity but now is a few thousand

So on a commercial basis how can they expect to keep going.
Two of the richest clubs in the world are only a few miles from Bolton and Bury.

Until a decision is made regarding tv funding and club costs it's only a matter time before its a 2 tier league.
Money and the Big investors have destroyed the game or made it great depending on your view.
How long before that drys up
The tv funders like Sky are being squeezed with all the new ways to watch Without paying, so that could soon change things.

AndyRM

XOXO
What level would that be Mark? Whichever league they're invited to join if they reform, the clubs missing out on promotion or being relegated because a reformed Bury are now joining their league won't be happy. For example Chorley FC made the National League last season after years of getting so close. Would sticking a reformed Bury in the National League instead of such a club as Chorley be acceptable.?

The only fair way to do decide would be for other clubs to vote on whether they'd be happy with a new Bury joining whatever league was proposed. It's what happened in Scotland when Rangers went bust, and they ended up in the fourth division, though I can't remember what the authorities did with the winner of the Lowland/Highland League playoff. Gave them a bag of money to keep schtum I expect.

MarkF

Guru

All talk of "start at the bottom" is catmuck.

My guess, if they re-form, is that they'll be put in National League North, that's level 6, at worse it'll be Northern Premier and even that is only 3 promotions from League 2. At this level it is regionalised, hence my earlier post, lower level clubs could not afford the safety measures necessary to host a re-formed Bury.

I watch football at these levels & lower, there is no money to be made, it's a level where clubs sometimes cannot afford to be promoted and others refuse it. All clubs in whatever divison Bury end up in, will be rubbing their hands in anticipation of the windfall their home game with them will bring, believe me.:okay:

Football_Leagues_1stProof.png

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A few too many 1664’s methinks.

Yes, a bad mix with a touch of Shakespeare and some garbled save the world message.

pjd57

Veteran
The only fair way to do decide would be for other clubs to vote on whether they'd be happy with a new Bury joining whatever league was proposed. It's what happened in Scotland when Rangers went bust, and they ended up in the fourth division, though I can't remember what the authorities did with the winner of the Lowland/Highland League playoff. Gave them a bag of money to keep schtum I expect.
Rangers went bust and they ended.. insert full stop.

A new club was shoe horned into the league.

All the club/ company / buying history was smoke and mirrors nonsense.

Slick

Guru
What a night at Ibrox tonight, great game, great atmosphere and another great win for my team.

It all started with some good humour when the Legia fans unfurled a banner designed as a dig at Rangers fans after the recent sanction from UEFA for sectarian singing but all it did was bring the house down with laughter. Legia did have a couple of half chances but when our inevitable winner hit the net the mood changed as the players turned a bit nasty. There was also a short delay as the stadium filled with smoke after the away fans let off flares. There will be more trouble for my club about that.

An eventful 90 minutes but bring on Sunday. :wahhey:

Slick

Guru
How many points will your team take out of it....
If I had to guess I'd say 5 , maybe 6.
Certainly a tough draw but I'd be hopeful of taking more than that. I reckon we're now pretty tough at home. Either way, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Top Bottom