The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
I had no idea, but honestly no smart arse remarks, I only know my own team, I don't look at anyone else or know anything about them. Why did they sell him?

One of those strange ones, you could see there was a player in there, but he just wasn't doing it with Celtic.
A lot of people thought that although he done well last season he would vanish this season against the top teams.

( No smart arse footy comments from me on here. I keep football related bust ups for football sites )

pjd57

Veteran
Screenshot_20190915-214926.png
I'm not sure how safe you would be cycling in Glasgow wearing this

Slick

Guru
One of those strange ones, you could see there was a player in there, but he just wasn't doing it with Celtic.
A lot of people thought that although he done well last season he would vanish this season against the top teams.

( No smart arse footy comments from me on here. I keep football related bust ups for football sites )
It was more in case my remarks were misconstrued as a bit arsy. I don't frequent football sites either for much the same reason.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It was more in case my remarks were misconstrued as a bit arsy. I don't frequent football sites either for much the same reason.

There are a lot of stroppy buggers on football forums. I've just stood down as a Mod on one of them as it was so time consuming dealing with the various issues that arose - especially on match days! :smile:

Dave7

Legendary Member
There are a lot of stroppy buggers on football forums. I've just stood down as a Mod on one of them as it was so time consuming dealing with the various issues that arose - especially on match days! :smile:
I was going to join one of LFC forums but I found the language way too foul for my taste. I dont mind a bit of it but it was constant and as I say, foul.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Sad to hear of Fernando Ricksen's death, though in some ways it will be a blessing for him and his family; motor neurone disease is an absolutely horrific illness that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

:sad:

Hideous disease - I was misdiagnosed with it about 3 years ago and for four months I lived with the diagnosis until I was given the all clear. Worst time of my life by far.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I was going to join one of LFC forums but I found the language way too foul for my taste. I dont mind a bit of it but it was constant and as I say, foul.
Was it f

or foul language, you say?

AndyRM

XOXO
Definitely a sad sight towards the end but he never hid from it. I'm sure you are right about it being a blessing as the last few years must have been tough for all of them.

They had McCleish on 5 Live talking about him, saying that he could still communicate via a computer and his mind was still sharp as anything. I can't even begin to imagine how awful it must be knowing there's literally nothing you can do to stop what's happening.

Big Doddie Weir going the same way too, poor guy.

Slick

Guru
Game night 1 and the first 3 points in the bag for my team. Great performance although they will need to get better in front of goal which is surprising as we got lots more chances against Feyenoord than we would expect from a lesser team from our own league. Great night, great atmosphere dedicated to a great man no longer with us. :wahhey:

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's been brought to my attention that this is a photo taken at Old Trafford last night. When you ask some people who claim they are Manchester United fans why they've never been to watch them, they tell you with a straight face that they couldn't get tickets.

Old Trafford.jpg

Top Bottom