The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It hasn't gone wrong at all, unless you believe that their name alone means they should be permanent title contenders. They are three points off a Champion's League place, something at least eighty other clubs would die for.
I cant agree with you there. A couple of years ago they looked like they could beat anyone. Now it looks like anyone can beat them.
They have only young strikers and imo no one that looks like a gane changer.
Top four used to be expected. They dont look like top six now.
Dont get me wrong......as a life long Lpool fan I have admired Utd's attacking flare but it seems to be missing.

PaulB

Legendary Member
What worries me intensely is the way VAR is becoming more and more intrusive. Although my team benefitted from that decision yesterday, there will be occasions - I'm certain of this - that my team will be on the other side of such a decision or decisions. This will be after our players have congratulated each other and the fans have settled back into their seats (not mine, we stand throughout).

Since decisions are being made remotely, how long will it be before games are being played remotely as well? It's a logical extension of what we currently agree to have and it's not right.

Slick

Guru
Another good win for my team yesterday, especially after a rank rotten first half but 4 nil away from home against a tightly packed defence will do me on a Sunday afternoon. No var in Scotland it will need to be much cheaper before any investment is considered but tv pictures initially showed one goal attempt against Rangers as over the line with one pundit telling the players that were involved and convinced that it didn't, telling them that it did. A few moments later, another camera angle showed that it quite clearly hadn't so if var is what it takes to get consistency, then that's what we will have.

Wow, just dropped by this thread and what a refreshing change to read a football forum without a load of d1ckheads giving it the big I am .

After the last few seasons , deeney penalty episode, championship win, great escape, premier league champions, champions league quarter finalists, the dross that Puel served up and the terrible tragedy last year, I'm just hoping for a steady push up the league if poss, break top 6 would be brilliant but a top 4 would be amazing

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Last night could have gone better for Pompey- they gave it a good go by the accounts I've read, but well beaten by the neighbours. Cue much gloating on social media. Never mind, they've had it in the next round. Man City at the Etihad. Out of the frying pan, into the incinerator…
Liked this comment on the Guardian site about Liverpool's win over MK..
"Great to see Klopp giving some of the youngsters a run out tonight.

That fresh-faced little sprite called Milner certainly caught the eye."
:smile:

U

User169

My son met Robin van Persie today. Van Persies daughter plays hockey and her team were at our club today. He tried to mind his own business, but given his hero status in our parts that was basically impossible and he posed for fotos with all the kids. No real point to the post other than he came over as a really top person and made my son's week!

Stephenite

Membå
A shout out for 'The Guardian Football Weekly' podcast.

I've just turned in for the first time this season and it hasn't let me down. Insightful and funny football chat from the panel.

Edited to add: It comes out Mondays and Thursdays so the latest episode talks about the League cup results, etc and does not include the weekend's footy.

Last edited:

Skanker

At least everyone else is happy with their teams results recently, Millwall haven’t won for the last 7 games, not that it’s anything out of the ordinary!
Maybe one day we will clamber into the top tier, even if it is just to get sent back down again.

AndyRM

XOXO
At least everyone else is happy with their teams results recently, Millwall haven’t won for the last 7 games, not that it’s anything out of the ordinary!
Maybe one day we will clamber into the top tier, even if it is just to get sent back down again.

I doubt many Newcastle fans are particularly happy. Steve Bruce is absolutely clueless and it's going to take a miracle to avoid a third relegation under Ashley's ownership which is an outrageous state of affairs. At least the fans are finally starting to vote with their feet and staying away from SJP, a financial hit is likely the only way he's ever going to consider selling.

Slick

Guru
I doubt many Newcastle fans are particularly happy. Steve Bruce is absolutely clueless and it's going to take a miracle to avoid a third relegation under Ashley's ownership which is an outrageous state of affairs. At least the fans are finally starting to vote with their feet and staying away from SJP, a financial hit is likely the only way he's ever going to consider selling.
Even the threat of hitting him in the pocket will be difficult to shift him. The Rangers fans wanted to hit him where they could but staying away and hurting their team in their hour of need proved a step too far. Different circumstances, but similar issues.

Top Bottom