The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
But what if the kick had to be taken by a defender? I would like to see a change in the way penalties are awarded. I think it would be fairer and more interesting if the person who was fouled had to take the penalty (as long as they weren't injured by the foul).
Don't worry, they would be ^_^

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I see England have been fined by EUFA because some of their supporters disrupted the Bulgarian national anthem before last night's game. Fair enough, but isn't it time the playing of the anthems was done away with? They are utterly pointless, nothing to do with sport and they only serve to energise the nationalist apes among both sets of supporters. Maybe for the final if they must, but no other match else, surely?

AndyRM

XOXO
An excellent article in the Whinging Commie Arse Wipes Gazette (:whistle:) by Marina Hyde today which sums up the hypocrisy of the (Mock) outrage in the English media this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/16/bulgaria-england-black-white-raheem-sterling-sofia

Quality read that. The Express headline was ironically hilarious.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I see England have been fined by EUFA because some of their supporters disrupted the Bulgarian national anthem before last night's game. Fair enough, but isn't it time the playing of the anthems was done away with? They are utterly pointless, nothing to do with sport and they only serve to energise the nationalist apes among both sets of supporters. Maybe for the final if they must, but no other match else, surely?

Not much point to them in qualifiers, but I think they should form part of all games in the actual Euros and World cups. Representing your country and hearing its anthem is a big deal to many people, and we should not have to ban anthems just because some people cannot behave. Punish those people, not everybody else.

AndyRM

XOXO
If anyone was in doubt about the abysmal standard of Scottish refereeing, Willie Collum (who is actually one of the better ones) gave a penalty against Chris Smalling last night after the ball hit him in the face. Unreal.

Top Bottom